Loppet Nordic Racing for adults is designed for anyone 20 years of age and older who is interested in improving their ski technique, skiing physical fitness, and learning the finer points of xc ski RACING. LNR Adult training groups are designed to prepare adult athletes for winter race events- whether it your very first 5km, or if you are working to qualify for the Elite wave at the Loppet or Birkie!
If you are not interested in racing but are looking for more of a recreational ski group experience, we recommend you look into joining the Loppet Ski Club. If you are a beginner skier or are looking for more instruction, we recommend taking Group or Private ski lessons through our Loppet Ski School.
Join our Facebook group for updates, social activities, and other opportunities![/content_section]
Winter XC Ski Training Programs, 2023-2024, registration opens October 1st
Intro Clinics- Programs for Novices-
- Beginning Skate Skiing (2-week clinic)
- Beginning Classic Skiing (2-week clinic)
- Beginning Classic and Skate private lessons – also offered through Loppet Ski School
Intermediate Training Programs
Intermediate+ Training Programs
Expert Training Groups
- Adult Strength for Endurance Athletes– Monday and Thursday mornings, Trailhead Studio
- Adult Yoga for Endurance Athletes– Wednesdays at 8:30am, Trailhead Great Room
Register Early! In order to organize the clubs and provide for the right coaching, LNR generally has a lower cost early-registration fee. Register early to receive a lower price and to help LNR make a better experience for the participants.
LNR Adults Winter Programs (Theodore Wirth Park)
LNR Adults Winter Programs (Battle Creek Park)
LNR Adults Winter Programs (Hyland Park)
LNR Adults Winter Three-Week Skills Clinics
The Loppet will issue a full refund of the program fee minus the original processing fee up until 4 weeks before the program starts. Between 4 and 3 weeks from the program start date, a 50% refund will be issued. There are no refunds for any cancellations within less than 3 weeks of the start of a program.
Fall 2023 Training Programs- Registration Opens July 1
- Fall Dryland at Wirth – Theodore Wirth Park, Tuesday Evenings
- Women’s Fall Dryland Training Group – Theodore Wirth Park, Wednesday Mornings
- Fall Dryland- Minnehaha Falls– Wabun Picnic Area- Friday Mornings, NEW Location
- This dryland training group is for people interested in fun and fast paced summer fitness training. We’ll do a combination of hill bounding, stair running, plyometrics, strength and active stretching. Workouts will focus on strengthening ski specific muscles, balance/stability and technique – but skiers and nonskiers alike will benefit from these sessions.
- Fall Intermediate Rollerski – East Bush Lake Park, Tuesday Mornings
- Fall Wave 1 Rollerski – Annie Young Meadow Park, Thursday Mornings
- Fall Intermediate Rollerski – Annie Young Meadow Park, Thursday Evenings
- Adult Strength for Endurance Athletes. – 7 different sessions available, Trailhead Studio/Turf
- Adult Yoga for Endurance Athletes– Wednesdays at Noon, Trailhead Great Room
- Ski Lab- 11 week deep dive into Ski Technique, Balance, Posture and Strength Training
- Trailhead Studio, meets Friday mornings, 7:00 am-8:30am, limited to 12 athletes
- best for skiers at an Intermediate to advanced skill level
- we make use of SkiErg, free weights, and balance challenges
- high anaerobic and strength load during training sessions
- cooperative program of LNR and Kingfield Crossfit, Coach Danny Yaeger
- contact Piotr Bednarski at email@example.com with questions
LNR Adults Fall Programs
Summer Training Programs, 2023,
Studio Classes- 8 weeks, start week of June 19
- Adult Strength for Endurance Athletes– click to see schedule
- Women’s June Brick Training: Mountain Biking & Trail Running – Theodore Wirth Park, Wednesday mornings (note need to register here for Brick group)
- Wave 1 Advanced Rollerskiing – CURRENTLY we are NOT offering a Summer Rollerski Group
Summer Adult Programs
Spring Training Programs, 2023
- Women’s May/June Brick Training: Mountain Biking & Trail Running – Theodore Wirth Park, Wednesday mornings
Spring Adult Programs
Proceeds from the Loppet Nordic Racing Programs benefit the Loppet Foundation. Learn more about the Foundation's mission, vision, and values.
Participants can always register after the session starts if there is enough room in the group.
Due to the extremely physically demanding nature of the programs listed below, they are not open to the public. Participants in these elite-level training groups are offered invitation based on superior results in popular ski races during previous season. Contact the individuals listed below if you would like to be considered.
- Loppet Elite Master Skiers on Nordic Skis (LEMONS) – contact Mary McKelvey at firstname.lastname@example.org
Loppet Nordic Racing prides itself on a coaching staff that have:
- Technical proficiency and are up to date in technique instruction and training methods.
- Personality traits that help motivate and engage athletes of all ages.
- A common method and language to coach skiing.
- Interest and motivation to train, race, and improve their own skiing.
Currently LNR has more USSA certified Level 100 coaches than any other ski club in the United States.
Loppet Nordic Racing Full-Time Coaches
Loppet Nordic Racing Director Piotr Bednarski and Head Coach Chris Harvey head up the coaching team. Both are experienced high-level coaches.
Piotr Bednarski, Loppet Sport and Trail Director (email@example.com): Piotr has served as the Loppet Nordic Racing Director since March of 2012, and he has been coaching cross country skiers at a national and international level for 30 years. He worked as the Jr National Team Coach and Director of Athletes Development for the US Biathlon, before starting LNR in 2012. Currently Piotr coaches Adults and the LNR Devo Team.
Chris Harvey, Loppet Nordic Racing, Program Director (firstname.lastname@example.org): Engineer turned full-time ski coach, Chris Harvey has been coaching junior skiers for over a decade. He skied and ran cross-country on the NCAA teams at Michigan Tech before becoming the Burnsville High School Head Nordic Ski Coach in 2010. In 2012, he began working with Loppet Nordic Racing Juniors, coaching them to Junior National championship wins and helping them earn spots on World Junior/U23 Championship and the U18 Nations Cup Trip teams. Chris Harvey has coached at a national and international level, having served as the U18 Nations Cup Trip leader in 2017 and having coached the Midwest’s Junior National Team since 2011 as both the Trip Leader and Midwest Team Head Coach in 2015 and 2016.