Loppet Nordic Racing for adults is designed for anyone 20 and over who is interested in RACING. Programs range from beginner level through masters skiing to high level training with video analysis and lactate testing. LNR Adult training groups are designed to prepare adult athletes for winter race events.
If you are not interested in racing but are looking for more of a recreational ski group experience, we recommend you look into joining the Loppet Ski Club. If you are a beginner skier or are looking for more instruction, we recommend taking Group or Private ski lessons through Loppet Adventures Wirth Ski Lessons.
September 2020 Update – Winter training groups are currently being planned and will be live for registration October 1st 2020. Winter programs will be run in small pods of around 10. Example – 20 people sign up for Wednesday Intermediate Skate group. The group would be split into 2 pods of 10 each pod with their own coach for the season. Pods will meet and train separately.
Join our Facebook group for updates, social activities, and other opportunities!
Fall Training Presentation, Wednesday, September 9th
Join Piotr Bednarski for a presentation covering Endurance Training for Adult Athletes. Whether you are a cyclist, skier or runner, the same basic physiological principals apply. Piotr has spent the last 30 years coaching youth, adults, and Olympians in a cross country skiing, biathlon, cycling and running. On September 9th we will cover the basic principals of endurance training, as well as giving you quick intro to Loppet Sport programs
- 7:00pm-8:15pm on September 9th
- Join virtually here: Google Meets
- Join in person – come to the Trailhead Great Room- limit 20 people
- For in person, you must RSVP here: RVSP for Presentation
Fall LNR Adult Programs
- Fall Dryland – The Trailhead, Theodore Wirth Park
- Women’s Fall Dryland Training Group – The Trailhead, Theodore Wirth Park
- Women’s Fall Rollerski Session – Hyland Park, Bloomington
- Fall Intermediate Rollerski – Annie Young Meadow, W. River Road
- Fall Intermediate Rollerski – Hyland Park, Bloomington
- Fall Wave 1 Rollerski – Annie Young Meadow, W. River Road
- Fall Strength for Endurance Athletes – The Trailhead, Theodore Wirth Park
Winter LNR Adult Programs
Three-Week Skill Clinics
- Beginning Skate Skiing – Learning to V1, No Pole, V2 Alt
- Beginning Classic Skiing – Intro to Double Pole, Striding
- Intermediate Skate Skiing – Mastering V2, Weight Shift
- Intermediate Classic Skiing – Double Pole Kick, Herringbone, Kick Waxing
Beginner Training Programs
- Gung-Ho Beginners Skate – Theodore Wirth Park, Monday Evenings
- Gung-Ho Beginners Classic – Theodore Wirth Park, Wednesday Mornings
- Beginner/Intermediate Racing Skate – Hyland, Friday Mornings
- Beginner/Intermediate Racing Skate – Theodore Wirth Park, Tuesday Evenings
- Beginning Classic and Skate lessons – offered through Loppet Adventures Wirth Ski Lessons
Intermediate Training Programs
- Intermediate Skate – Hyland, Tuesday Mornings
- Intermediate Skate – Hyland, Wednesday Mornings
- Intermediate Skate – Theodore Wirth Park, Wednesday Evenings
- Intermediate Skate – Theodore Wirth Park, Thursday Evenings
- Intermediate Classic – Hyland, Wednesday Evenings
- Intermediate/Advanced Classic – Theodore Wirth Park, Thursday Mornings
- Women’s Wednesday Warriors: Intermediate/Advanced Skate and Classic – Theodore Wirth Park, Wednesday Mornings
- Women’s Technique and Fitness Skiing – Theodore Wirth Park, Wednesday Mornings
Advanced Training Groups
- Men’s Wave 1 (Advanced Skate) – Theodore Wirth Park, Tuesday Evenings
- Women’s Advanced Skate – Theodore Wirth Park, Monday Evenings
- Winter Strength for Endurance Athletes – The Trailhead, Theodore Wirth Park
Spring LNR Adult Programs
- Adult LNR Strength Session – The Trailhead, Theodore Wirth Park
Summer LNR Adult Programs
Due to the extremely physically demanding nature of the programs listed below, they are not open to the public. Participants in these elite-level training groups are offered invitation based on superior results in popular ski races during previous season.
All Loppet Nordic Racing participants must be a member of the Loppet Foundation. This is a one-time fee for each year (June 1 – May 31), no matter how many sessions registered for, only need to become a member once.
Register Early! In order to organize the clubs and provide for the right coaching, LNR generally has a lower cost early-registration fee. Register early to receive a lower price and to help LNR make a better experience for the participants.
Fall Dryland/Rollerski Programs
Fall Strength Programs
All Winter Programs
All Winter Clinics
Spring Strength for Endurance Athletes
Women's Spring/Summer Brick Sessions
Proceeds from the Loppet Nordic Racing Programs benefit the Loppet Foundation. Learn more about the Foundation's mission, vision, and values.
LNR Coaching Staff
Loppet Nordic Racing prides itself on a coaching staff that is:
- technically proficient and up to date in technique instruction and training methods
- have the personality traits that help motivate and engage athletes of all ages
- have a common method and language to coach skiing
- have the interest and motivation to train, race, and improve their own skiing
Currently LNR has more USSA certified Level 100 coaches then any ski club in the United States.
- Minneapolis Ski Club Coach (1994-1999)
- MYSL Ski Coach (2003 – 2012)
- Loppet Nordic Adult, Junior and TRAIL KIDS coach (2006 – 2019)
- Armstrong High School Head Nordic Coach 2009 – 2019
- Group Fitness Instructor, ACE certified with specialty certifications in Pilates, Barre, Indoor Cycle
- USSA Level 200 Nordic Ski Coach
- Former Gear West Ski & Run Store employee and Wayzata High School Nordic Ski Volunteer Coach