Loppet Nordic Racing for adults is designed for anyone 20 years of age and older who is interested in RACING. Programs range from beginner level through masters skiing to high level training with video analysis and lactate testing. LNR Adult training groups are designed to prepare adult athletes for winter race events.
If you are not interested in racing but are looking for more of a recreational ski group experience, we recommend you look into joining the Loppet Ski Club. If you are a beginner skier or are looking for more instruction, we recommend taking Group or Private ski lessons through our Loppet Ski School.
Join our Facebook group for updates, social activities, and other opportunities!
Summer Training Programs
- Wave 1 Advanced Rollerskiing – Mondays, 6pm, Annie Young Meadows, West River Road
- Women’s June Brick Training: Mountain Biking & Trail Running – Theodore Wirth Park, Wednesday mornings
Fall Training Programs
- Fall Dryland – Theodore Wirth Park, Tuesday Evenings
- Women’s Fall Dryland Training Group – Theodore Wirth Park, Wednesday Mornings
- Fall Intermediate Rollerski – Annie Young Meadow Park, Thursday Evenings
- Fall Intermediate Rollerski – East Bush Lake Park, Friday Mornings
- Fall Wave 1 Rollerski – Annie Young Meadow Park, Thursday Mornings
Winter Training Programs
- Beginning Skate Skiing (3-week clinic)
- Beginning Classic Skiing (3-week clinic)
- Beginning Classic and Skate lessons – offered through Loppet Ski School
Intermediate Training Programs
Intermediate+ Training Programs
Expert Training Groups
Spring Training Programs
- Women’s May/June Brick Training: Mountain Biking & Trail Running – Theodore Wirth Park, Wednesday mornings
All Loppet Nordic Racing participants must be a member of the Loppet Foundation. This is a one-time fee for each year, no matter how many sessions registered for, only need to become a member once.
Register Early! In order to organize the clubs and provide for the right coaching, LNR generally has a lower cost early-registration fee. Register early to receive a lower price and to help LNR make a better experience for the participants.
Participants can always register after the session starts if there is enough room in the group.
LNR Adults Winter Programs (Theodore Wirth Park)
LNR Adults Winter Programs (Hyland Park)
LNR Adults Winter Three-Week Skills Clinics
Proceeds from the Loppet Nordic Racing Programs benefit the Loppet Foundation. Learn more about the Foundation's mission, vision, and values.
Due to the extremely physically demanding nature of the programs listed below, they are not open to the public. Participants in these elite-level training groups are offered invitation based on superior results in popular ski races during previous season. Contact the individuals listed below if you would like to be considered.
Loppet Nordic Racing prides itself on a coaching staff that have:
- Technical proficiency and are up to date in technique instruction and training methods.
- Personality traits that help motivate and engage athletes of all ages.
- A common method and language to coach skiing.
- Interest and motivation to train, race, and improve their own skiing.
Currently LNR has more USSA certified Level 100 coaches than any other ski club in the United States.
Loppet Nordic Racing Full-Time Coaches
Loppet Nordic Racing Director Piotr Bednarski and Head Coach Chris Harvey head up the coaching team. Both are experienced high-level coaches.
Piotr Bednarski, Loppet Sport and Trail Director (email@example.com): Piotr has served as the Loppet Nordic Racing Director since March of 2012, and he has been coaching cross country skiers at a national and international level for 30 years. He worked as the Jr National Team Coach and Director of Athletes Development for the US Biathlon, before starting LNR in 2012. Currently Piotr coaches Adults and the LNR Devo Team.
Chris Harvey, Loppet Nordic Racing, Program Director (firstname.lastname@example.org): Engineer turned full-time ski coach, Chris Harvey has been coaching junior skiers for over a decade. He skied and ran cross-country on the NCAA teams at Michigan Tech before becoming the Burnsville High School Head Nordic Ski Coach in 2010. In 2012, he began working with Loppet Nordic Racing Juniors, coaching them to Junior National championship wins and helping them earn spots on World Junior/U23 Championship and the U18 Nations Cup Trip teams. Chris Harvey has coached at a national and international level, having served as the U18 Nations Cup Trip leader in 2017 and having coached the Midwest’s Junior National Team since 2011 as both the Trip Leader and Midwest Team Head Coach in 2015 and 2016.