There are two groups of the Women’s Wednesday Group program: the Technique & Fitness Training group and the Intermediate/Advanced Skate & Classic Skiing group.
Technique & Fitness Training
This group of women has many years of skiing experience. Skiers in this group are interested in improving technique and fitness with others but not hammering out hard intervals and gunning for the highest possible Birkie placement. This group is led by coach Karen Aaron (Bebchuk).
Dates: December 20th – March 6th (no class on December 27 or Feb. 21)
Day: Wednesday mornings
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Location: The Trailhead, Theodore Wirth Park
Equipment: Skate and Classic skiing equipment
Coach: Ingrid Remak and Lynne Cecil
Intermediate/Advanced Skate & Classic Skiing
This intermediate to advanced women’s training group will do physically challenging workouts while also working on technique instruction. We’ll cover all skate and classic techniques, and spend time on downhills, cornering, transitions, mass start strategies, and pacing. We will work on balance and getting really comfortable on your skis by using slaloms and agility courses to make training fun and give you confidence when on your skis. Training will focus on 30-50 km races, with the Loppet and Birkie as the main training goal. Skate instruction will be primary focus, but we will also have 4-6 optional classic sessions. On those classic session instruction days, we will also have a skate only coached group.
Women’s Intermediate Skate and Classic training (1:12 coach to athlete ratio). We will meet as a large group and then split into three different coaching ability groups. Combination of technique instruction and physical training. Every session will include some type of intervals or specific ski strength. We will use video review quite often.
- Dates: December 20th – March 6th (no class on December 27 or Feb. 21)
- Day: Wednesday mornings
- Time: 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- Location: The Trailhead, Theodore Wirth Park
- Equipment: Skate and classic ski equipment (there will be 4-5 optional classic session instruction days but we will always offer skate instruction on those sessions).
- Coach: Kim Rudd, Jan Guenther and Mary McKelvey
- Experience Required for Class: The Wednesday morning session is designed for women who have skate ski experience. Contact: For more questions about the class email firstname.lastname@example.org