Volunteer at the Open Streets Loppet Booth – Come help support the Loppet and spread the message on what we do during this year’s Open Street events throughout the summer. Click here to sign up as an Open Streets volunteer.
Volunteer for Loopet Loppet – Volunteer for this run/walk test of endurance on October 22. Click here to sign up as a Loopet Loppet volunteer.
Please also review our Special Volunteer Opportunities Signup Board for other opportunities such as:
- The Green Team: The Loppet Green Team is a volunteer position focused on maximizing our environmental efficiency and sustainability. Duties include, but are not limited to, monitoring waste bins to ensure proper disposal of trash, recycle, and compost during events. As well as, assisting with set up, disposal, and at tear down at the conclusion of events. Keeping the waste sorted is essential to ensure that all of our compostable and recyclables are not turned into trash. Additionally, we hope to develop a Green Team Council: individuals who are passionate and have experience in environmental sustainability or waste management. This group would provide insight and ideas on how the Loppet Foundation can improve environmental consciousness as an organization.
For volunteer questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Loppet Events are a great way to help the Loppet Foundation realize its mission of getting folks outdoors. All kinds of volunteer help is needed: make ice luminaries, course marshal, aid station help, set up and clean up help, and much, much more. Visit the various event sites to sign up for a volunteer shift (or several!)
Loppet Adventure Programs volunteers assist with a Junior Loppet middle school team, volunteer with the Minne-Loppet programs in the elementary schools and assist ski and run club coaches.
Loppet Trail Kids provides year round outdoor active adventures club for youth ages 7 – 14 years old. Kids enjoy activities throughout the year that include mountain biking, orienteering, canoeing, adventure running, and cross country skiing. Contact email@example.com for information on current or upcoming Trail Kids volunteer opportunities.
The Loppet Foundation is constantly undertaking trails related projects in Theodore Wirth Park and welcomes volunteers in all capacities to help support the trails. Throughout the year, we have specific volunteer event days where we recruit individuals to help with the trails, along with ongoing projects which have no set date. Please also let us know if you have a large group that would like to volunteer together, so we can best accommodate your request.
- Volunteers must register online in advance. This is extremely helpful for planning purposes and to ensure we have emergency contact information for everyone. Thank you!
- If you need to cancel, email your task coordinator directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you will no longer be joining us.
- Please arrive 15 mins before schedule time to allow time for orientation, team organization, finding locations, etc.
- The Loppet Foundation is not responsible for lost or stolen items such as backpacks or tools. Please be careful with personal gear.
- Please plan to assist for your entire assigned assignment. If you leave early, you may compromise the safety of participants or spectators. If you need to leave early in the case of an emergency, please notify your volunteer shift leader.
- Pets are not permitted.
- Age restrictions apply to certain jobs. Please do not bring your children with you unless they are registered as volunteers.