Click on one of the following opportunities to assist the Loppet with upcoming volunteer needs.
Please also review our Special Volunteer Opportunities Signup Board for other opportunities such as:
- Loppet Trails Day: October 23, 8:30am-12pm. Help prepare the ski trails for winter!
- Building the Loppet Bridge: November 6, 8am-3pm. You’ve seen it – maybe you skied over it, and now you can help build it. Think giant Lincoln Logs.
- Luminary Apprentice: Seeking individuals to learn and assist with the process of creating the Luminary Loppet ice features. Contact email@example.com for more information.
For volunteer questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Loppet Events are a great way to help the Loppet Foundation realize its mission of getting folks outdoors. All kinds of volunteer help is needed: make ice luminaries, course marshal, aid station help, set up and clean up help, and much, much more. Visit the various event sites to sign up for a volunteer shift (or several!)
Loppet Adventure Programs volunteers assist with a Junior Loppet middle school team, volunteer with the Minne-Loppet programs in the elementary schools and assist ski and run club coaches.
Loppet TRAIL KIDS provides year round outdoor active adventures club for youth ages 7 – 14 years old. Kids enjoy activities throughout the year that include mountain biking, orienteering, canoeing, adventure running, and cross country skiing. Contact email@example.com for information on current or upcoming TRAIL KIDS volunteer opportunities.
The Loppet Foundation is constantly undertaking trails related projects in Theodore Wirth Park and welcomes volunteers in all capacities to help support the trails. Throughout the year, we have specific volunteer event days where we recruit individuals to help with the trails, along with ongoing projects which have no set date. Please also let us know if you have a large group that would like to volunteer together, so we can best accommodate your request.
- Volunteers must register online in advance. This is extremely helpful for planning purposes and to ensure we have emergency contact information for everyone. Thank you!
- If you need to cancel, email your task coordinator directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you will no longer be joining us.
- Please arrive 15 mins before schedule time to allow time for orientation, team organization, finding locations, etc.
- The Loppet Foundation is not responsible for lost items such as backpacks or tools. Please be careful with personal gear that you bring along.or stolen bags.
- Please plan to assist for your entire assigned assignment. If you leave early, you may compromise the safety of participants or spectators. If you need to leave early in the case of an emergency, please notify your volunteer shift leader.
- Pets are not permitted.
- Age restrictions apply to certain jobs. Please do not bring your children with you unless they are registered as volunteers.