Wirth on Wednesdays (WOW)
A spotlight shines bright on the Loppet Foundation-managed singletrack trails at Theodore Wirth Park with the return of the popular spring and summer mountain bike race series. Meet us at The Trailhead for the 2022 Wirth on Wednesdays (WOW) events.
The Trailhead at Theodore Wirth Park has some of the most accessible trails around, including the popular Conundrum, Area 36, 45 North singletrack loops, all linked by the amazing paved trail network composed of the Grand Rounds, Theodore Wirth Parkway, and Luce Line trails.
Saddle up and get ready to ride in this fun race series that will surely WOW you!
There is no in person registration, all registration MUST be done online. This can be done via a mobile device right up to race time.
Register for all six WOW races and your sixth race is free!Register Now!
Proceeds from the Wirth on Wednesdays benefit the Loppet Foundation. Learn more about the Foundation's mission, vision, and values.
Registration and transaction fees are non-refundable, including in the event of delay, rescheduling, or cancellation of an event or program. An event or program registration is not transferable to another person or another event for any reason, including injury. Participating under another person's name will result in disqualification.
- Wed, July 13 (8:45am): Yep, we are planning on racing tonight! A fair amount of rain last night but good drying weather today. Trails will be calling for fun!
- Weather/Trail Conditions – We will post here any weather or trail conditions that might impact the races. If a cancellation is needed, we will communicate it no later than 2:00pm on race day via email to registered participants and posting on the website and social media channels. If we know sooner than 2:00pm, we will certainly communicate earlier.
Race categories are broken into youth, novice, intermediate, and advanced racers, in order to provide every level of racer the opportunity to experience a safe, enjoyable challenge that fits their goals and abilities.
Format for the series is mass start. We will have spacing in the start area and may have multple waves depending on number of participants.
Fat bikes are welcome, though there is no separate category for fat bikes.
Checkin and Start Area
- Registration and check in will be in the ticket booth in The Trailhead (1221 Theodore Wirth Pkwy)
- The start area is just north of the Trailhead near the back patio. Follow the small gravel path near The Trailhead entrance.
- The race course for all six races is on and around the Area 36 trail (closed to the public during the races)
The loops consist of variations of our Area 36 trails at The Trailhead in Theodore Wirth Park. Each lap is a little over 3 miles.
- 4:15pm-7:00pm Packet Pickup/Registration
- 5:00PM Youth (13 years old and younger): 15-20 minutes / 1 lap race
- 5:30PM Novice (all ages): 30-50 minutes / 2 laps
- 6:15PM Advanced (13+ years old): 50-70 minutes / 4 laps
- 6:30PM Kids fun race: (2-8 year olds): Free, but need to fill out a waiver. On the skills loops, usually ride for 10 min. Depending on numbers may separate into two waves of age groups or striders/riders.
- 7:15PM Intermediate (11+ years old): 40-50 minutes / 3 laps
2022 Event Dates and Race Hosts
- June 1: Gear West
- June 15: Twin Six … cancelled due to rain
- June 22: Makeup date for June 15!
- June 29: Tonka Cycles / Rough Riders
- July 13: The Hub Cycling Team
- July 27: Behind Bars / Michaels Cycles
- August 10: Donkey Label
Parking & Transportation
We encourage biking from your house if you are able. For those who must drive, we encourage carpooling. All participants and spectators who drive should park in the nearby Mortenson parking lot. It is a short bike ride from there using the Grand Rounds Bike Trail (along Theodore Wirth Parkway) to the start area.
Awards and Raffle Drawings
Youth: The top 3 male and female finishers in the Youth race will be awarded a swag item.
Novice, Advanced and Intermediate:
The top 3 male and female finishers in each race will be awarded Mill Valley gift cards in the following amounts:
1st Place: $20
2nd Place: $15
3rd Place: $10
Stick around after your race for the chance to win some awesome swag items provided by our nightly Race Host, series Sponsors, and the Loppet.
Winners will be drawn from registered participants after each of the 4 races and be called up to the announcers table for their choice of the available items.
The Loppet Foundation needs volunteers in all capacities for the Wirth on Wednesdays series. Please use the button below to sign up for a volunteer position. Email email@example.com with any questions.
- For all races, go to the Wirth on Wednesday Results Landing Page
- Race 1: June 2
- Race 2: June 16
- Race 3: June 30
- Race 4: July 28
- Race 5: August 11 (cancelled due to weather)
- Race 6: August 18