Loppet TRAIL KIDS 2018/19 Winter Session
The Loppet TRAIL KIDS Winter Program is for youth ages 7 – 14 years old and provides coaching instruction for both classic and skate ski technique. Loppet TRAIL KIDS is offered at two locations ( Hyland and Wirth Park.
Beginner to advanced skiers are split into ability and age coaching groups so that each youth is challenged appropriately. TRAIL KIDS sessions include technique drills, relays, games on skis, distance adventure skiing and preparing for upcoming race events. The main focus is developing skills, having fun and falling in love with a lifetime sport! This year we have added a fun race series called the TRAIL KIDS Super Ski Series. For more information on our winter programs click here:
Full Winter Program:
The winter program meets twice a week from December 4 through March 3 (23 weekly sessions and registration fee included for MyXC Festival and Championships). No sessions December 25, January 1, and February 21 (Junior Birkie).
Half Winter Program:
Meets twice a week for nine weeks (16 sessions from January 3 – March 3. Program includes the registration fee of MyXC Festival and Championships.
Both Winter Programs Include:
- TRAIL KIDS Super Series Ski Race
- MyXC Festival and Championships races and festival entry fee for Saturday and Sunday race events.
- Discounted registration for designated Loppet Festival youth race events.
- Additional weekend and holiday adventure distance ski events ( waffle Loppet).
- Loppet TRAIL KIDS race hat.
- Bi-weekly 1.5 hour coached training sessions focused on technique, ski drills, endurance, strength, speed, relays, games, and race tactics. Large focus is on developing skills, adventure and falling in love with a lifetime sport!
- Coaching and wax support at specific 2018/19 CXC/Skiwerx race events
2018-19 Winter Loppet TRAIL KIDS Program Locations
Wirth Trailhead Minneapolis
- Session Times: Tuesdays/Thursdays, 6:00–7:30 p.m.
- Location Meeting Spot: The Trailhead
Hyland Lake Park, Bloomington
- Session Times: Tuesdays/Thursdays, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- Location Meeting Spot: Jan’s Place Hyland
Full Winter Program
$440 or $500 after November 20
Half Winter Program
$335 or $355 after December 18