Loppet TRAIL KIDS Winter Session
The Loppet TRAIL KIDS Winter Program is for youth ages 7 – 13 years old and provides coaching instruction for both classic and skate ski technique. Loppet TRAIL KIDS is offered at two locations (Hyland and Wirth Park).
Beginner to advanced skiers are split into ability and age coaching groups so that each youth is challenged appropriately. TRAIL KIDS sessions include technique drills, relays, games on skis, distance adventure skiing and preparing for upcoming race events. The main focus is developing skills, having fun and falling in love with a lifetime sport! This year we have added a fun race series called the TRAIL KIDS Super Ski Series. For more information on our winter programs click here:
Full Winter Program Dates:
The winter program has two options for sessions. Parents can choose to register their kids for either Monday/Wednesday program or Tuesday/Thursday program. Full winter TRAIL KIDS Nordic Programs meet twice a week from December through mid March (registration fee includes 11 weeks (22 sessions) of programming along with registration for MyXC Festival and Championships). No sessions the week of December 23 – January 3 due to holiday winter break and February 20 (Junior Birkie). Total of 22 practice sessions and Super Ski Race series
Both Winter Programs Include:
- TRAIL KIDS Super Series Ski Race
- MyXC Festival and Championships races and festival entry fee for Saturday and Sunday race events.
- Discounted registration for designated Loppet Festival youth race events.
- Additional weekend and holiday adventure distance ski events (waffle Loppet).
- Loppet TRAIL KIDS race hat.
- Bi-weekly 1.5 hour coached training sessions focused on technique, ski drills, endurance, strength, speed, relays, games, and race tactics. Large focus is on developing skills, adventure and falling in love with a lifetime sport!
- Coaching and wax support at specific 2020 CXC/Skiwerx race events
2019/20 Winter Loppet TRAIL KIDS Program Locations
Tuesday/Thursday Session: Offered at Both Wirth Trailhead and Hyland Locations
- Time/Day: Tuesdays/Thursdays, 6:00–7:30 pm
- Dates: December 10 – March 12 (No sessions the week of December 23 – January 3 due to holiday winter break and February 20 (Junior Birkie).
- Location Meeting Spot: Wirth Trailhead Minneapolis or Hyland Lake Park, Bloomington
- Registration Fee: $440 or after November 20
Monday/Wednesday Session: Offered at Wirth Trailhead Location Only
- Time/Day: Monday/Wednesdays 6:00–7:30 pm
- Dates: December 9 – March 11 (No sessions the week of December 23 – January 3 due to holiday winter break and February 20 (Junior Birkie).
- Location Meeting Spot: Wirth Trailhead Minneapolis
- Registration Fee: $440 or $500 after November 20