Great fun for the whole family…
The new tubing hill at Wirth Park features a riding hill designed especially for family fun, with a tow rope to bring tubers back up to the top of the hill. You bring the warm clothes, we provide the rest.
New this year is a Kiddie Hill for all to enjoy! Younger riders may experience tubing accompanied by an adult on our Kiddie Hill!
Your tubing adventure will start at The Trailhead. Parking is available at the site of the new Trailhead building with more parking available at the Wirth Chalet.
Rules of the Hill
- Sledding is not allowed on the tubing hill at The Trailhead.
- No snowboards, skis, sleds, toboggans, or tubes other than the tubes supplied by The Loppet Foundation are allowed on the hill.
- Riders must be at least five years of age or 44” tall to ride the tow rope. One person per tube.
- Riders under age 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Tubing Hill Passes are required on both hills by all riders.
Opening date will be announced as the snow develops. Coming soon!
Latest Tubing Hill Updates:
Prices & Hours
Passes for tubing will be sold on a first come, first served basis at The Trailhead. Passes are not available online.
- Two-Hour Session: $15
The Tubing Hill is open during scheduled hours depending upon conditions. There are times when we need to close the hill due to cold temperatures, wind chill, or icy conditions. When conditions require, the tubing hill will be cleared temporarily for grooming. For more information about closures please call 612-355-7757.
4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Saturdays, Weekday Holidays and
Minneapolis School Release Days: *
10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
* Weekday holidays do not include Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. The tubing hill closes early on Christmas Eve at 2:00 p.m and is closed Christmas Day.
The Theodore Wirth Tubing Hill is an awesome place for groups to enjoy Minnesota winter. Completion of a Group Tubing Hill Use Agreement is required for any group 8 or larger utilizing the Tubing Hill. After the Permit is approved, a group discount of $2/person can be used to purchase tubing passes after 4:00 p.m. For party celebrations, please visit The Trailhead events page or email email@example.com for more information and pricing.
Special Events & Field Trips
The Snow Tubing Hill at Theodore Wirth offers options for groups during our regular hours but there are also possibilities for large corporate events or school field trips to open up the Tubing Hill exclusively for your group. These events can also be enhanced with other activities like Fat Biking, Cross Country Skiing, or Snowshoeing. To inquire about tubing events please contact firstname.lastname@example.org