Great fun for the whole family…
The tubing hill at Wirth Park, just behind The Trailhead, features a riding hill designed especially for family fun, with a tow rope to bring tubers back up to the top of the hill on designated days. You bring the warm clothes, we provide the rest.
Parking is available outside The Trailhead building with more parking available at the Wirth Chalet and East on Plymouth Ave.
Latest Tubing & Snowboarding Hill Updates:
Rules of the Hill
- No snowboards, skis, sleds, toboggans, or tubes other than the tubes supplied by The Loppet Foundation are allowed on the hill.
- Riders must be at least five years of age and 44” tall to ride the tow rope. One person per tube.
- Riders under age 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Tubing Hill Passes are required on both hills by all riders.
The Tubing Hill is open during scheduled hours depending upon conditions. There are times when we need to close the hill due to cold temperatures, wind chill, or icy conditions. When conditions require, the tubing hill will be cleared temporarily for grooming.
Passes for tubing will be sold on a first come, first served basis at The Trailhead. Passes are not available online.
- Two-Hour Tubing Session: $17 during rope tow hours, $8.50 during non-rope tow hours
The Trailhead at Theodore Wirth Regional Park is an awesome place for groups to enjoy Minnesota winter. Groups of eight or more utilizing the hill receive a discount of $2/person — this is still on a first-come first-served basis.
If you’re interested in reserving space in The Trailhead to enhance your group tubing experience, please visit The Trailhead events page. (Note: space rentals are non-refundable in the case of Tubing Hill closures.)