News & Stories
Team Gregg FAST KIDS Event – Thursday, April 30
What: Come join 2014 Olympian Brian Gregg and 2010 Olympian Caitlin Gregg (and recent 2015 World Cup Bronze winner in the 10 km Skate race) for an evening filled with games, agility and a short presentation on their successful 2015 racing season,
When: Thursday, April 30, 6:00 -7:30 p.m.
Where: Wirth Beach (Pavilion area across the street). Look for FAST KIDS Flutter Flag!
- 5:45 p.m. – Registration/name tag and waiver sign in.
- 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. – Games and ski related agility drills
- 7:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. – Snacks and Short Q/A time with Team Gregg and card/autograph signing! (Parents welcome to attend this part too!)
Event is free! Suggested donation of $10/family for TEAM GREGG if desired.
About Team Gregg:
Brian GreggName: Brian Gregg
Sport: Cross Country Skiing
Current Residence: Minneapolis, Minn.
College: University of Utah
- 2014 Olympic Winter Games, 47th in men’s skiathlon 30km, 47th in men’s 15km classic, 51st in men’s 50km freestyle
- 2013-14 Sovereign Lake Nordic Nor-Am Cup, 1st (15K freestyle)
- 2014 National Championships, 2nd (30K freestyle), 8th (sprint freestyle)
- 2013 National Championships, 2nd (sprint freestyle), 4th (15K freestyle), 5th (10K freestyle)
- 2012 National Championships, 7th (30K classic), 10th (15K freestyle)
- Six-time Nor-Am Cup top-10 finisher (2008-11, 2013)
Fun Facts: Married Caitlin Gregg on May 21, 2011…Wife was a 2010 Olympian in cross-country skiing…Works with Lac Courte Orielles Boys and Girls Club on the Ojibwe reservation to mentor youth…Hobbies include mountaineering, climbing, readings, and playing basketball and soccer.
Caitlin GreggCaitlin recently made U.S. Nordic skiing history when she won the bronze medal at the World Championships – the first-ever podium-finish for U.S. women at the event. (See Star Tribune article, “Miracle on Snow for Minnesotans in Sweden.”)
Caitlin Gregg is a 2010 Winter Olympian in the sport of Cross Country Skiing. She moved to the Twin Cities in 2004 and has been living and training here for the past 8 years. She loves the awesome adventures and opportunities the Twin Cities has to offer so much that she and her husband settled down and bought their first house near Theodore Wirth Park (where they spend most of their training time!)
Caitlin Compton Gregg was a member of the 2010 Winter Olympic Team in Vancouver, Canada. She has also competed at 3 World Championships, 2 X Cross Country Skiing and 1 X Biathlon. Caitlin has also won the American Birkebeiner, the City of Lakes Loppet and is 3 X National Champion.
Caitlin is currently training with her husband and spends her free time as a mentor and role model for at-risk youth in North Minneapolis. The goal of the program is to teach the children about the benefits of exercise and healthy eating. Caitlin loves working with these kids and has found a real passion for educating them about the opportunities that exist for them with sports.