Please note that courses can and do change depending on the conditions.
SATURDAY RACES STARTING AT WIRTH PARK:
Saturday Wirth Park Google Map. Click the race layers on and off that you want to view or take off the map. You can zoom in and out. Races included are Chuck and Don’s Skijor 10K/5K/3K, Gear West 5K Ski Loppet, Sit Ski 1.5K Gist’s Next Generation Ski Loppet 3K/2K/1K, and the Kubb Tournament (in Upper Stadium up the stairs and over the hill from the back of the Trailhead).
POINT TO POINT RACES STARTING AT NORTH BEACH
Saturday and Sunday Point to Point Races Google Map. Click the race layers on and off that you want to view or take off the map. You can zoom in and out. Races included are Classic and Skate Ski (Loppet, Puoli, Tour), Snowshoe 10K, Sunday Skijor 10K, and Fat Bike Loppet/Puoli/Tour.
Point to Point Map. All races starting at North Beach (Loppet, Puoli, Tour/10K)
.GPX files will be available for download race week for those doing Open Course on Friday.
Point to Point Races: Start Bde Maka Ska North Beach and finish at the Trailhead! We are eager to get back to the point to point urban adventure ski that has made the Loppet unique for 20 years! These events include the Classic and Skate Ski Loppet/Puoli/Tour, Skijor 2-dog 10K, Snowshoe Loppet and the Fat Bike Loppet/Puoli/Tour.
Trailhead Events: Start and finish in Lower Stadium at the Trailhead. Includes the Saturday events of Skijor (10K/5K/3K), Ski-Orienteering, 5K Loppet Ski, 1.5K Sit Ski, Next Generation Ski races (3K/2K/1K), and Kubb Tournament.
Suggested Spectator Areas
- Bde Maka Ska North Beach, 2707 Lake Street West
- Saturday: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Sunday: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Finish Area – The Trailhead (1221 Theodore Wirth Parkway)
- Saturday: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
- Sunday: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm (the fast dogs will be in early, skiers about 10:30am)
- Bike or bus service (Loppet or Metro Transit) advised as there will be no car parking available at the finish.
- JD Gardens Area/Wirth Beach – Glenwood Avenue [Note: The roads to Wirth Beach are closed for the ski trail road crossings. But still a nice spot to park in the neighborhood and hike in].
- Saturday: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Sunday: 10:00 am – 3:30 pm
- Theodore Wirth Park – 394 crossing/Brownie Lake – See the unique sight of hundreds of skiers, fat-tire bikers, and skijorers crossing a major interstate. Residential parking is available to the south.
- Saturday: 9:30 am – 11:00 am
- Sunday: 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Cedar Lake Park – Immediately adjacent to Cedar Lake Bike Trail
- Saturday: 9:15 am – 11:00 am
- Sunday: 8:45 am – 12:30 pm
- Kenilworth Channel – the bridges and narrow channel make this a great place to watch and cheer
- Saturday: 9:15 am – 11:00am
- Sunday: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
- Isles Skating Rink – Skate at the historic Isles skating rink while cheering on participants
- Saturday: 9:00 am – 11:30 am
- Sunday: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm