Please read the City of Lakes Loppet Winter Festival update statement, which outlines the important changes for this weekend’s events.
Please click on the various map links below to see the 2021 course maps. The .gpx files can be downloaded and saved to your gps watch/smart device to show you the course – this may be especially helpful for Hybrid and Virtual Participants.
Saturday, January 30
- 2021 – Chuck & Don’s Skijor Loppet (One-dog 10K, One or Two Dog 5K, One-Dog 3K): Google Map (The 10K is two laps of the 5K course).
- 2021 – 5K Open Loppet: Google Map and .gpx file
- 2021 – Next Generation Loppet 3K/2K/1K: Google Map
Sunday, January 31
- 2021 – Point-to-Point 10K Courses (Chuck & Don’s Skijor Loppet, Classic/Skate Ski Tour, Askov Finlayson Snowshoe Loppet, Freewheel Fat Tour Tour): Hybrid Version Google Map.
- 2021 – Freewheel Fat Tire Puoli Loppet: Hybrid Version Google Map. Map includes two laps on North Theodore Wirth Park’s snowmaking loop.
- 2021 – Freewheel Fat Tire Loppet: Hybrid Version Google Map. Note singletrack sections in yellow (if conditions allow). Course includes two laps in North Theodore Wirth Park’s snowmaking loop (start second lap at Roundabout).
Saturday-Sunday, February 6-7
- 2021 – Classic/Skate Ski Loppet: Official Event Map. Note that once you reach the stadium, you will do two full laps (do Judy twice, i.e. 2.3ish “laps” total) in N Wirth (following blue arrows). For hybrid, we can’t leave markings in the middle of the stadium, so make up your own turnaround spot or just lap through at the roundabout to head back out to Twin Lakes).
- 2021 – Classic/Skate Ski Puoli Loppet: Google Map. Note that once you reach the stadium, you will do one lap in North Theodore Wirth Park (following red arrows – skip Judy and LaSquadra). For hybrid, we can’t leave markings in the middle of the stadium, so make up your own turnaround spot or just lap through at the roundabout to head back out to Twin Lakes).
The race courses will all be marked with arrows of a specific color (know your color before you start). For the timed races, there will be marshals at key intersections, but participants are responsible for staying on course. See the maps above for more information.
- Skate/Classic Ski Loppet and Freewheel Fat Tire Loppet (with some minor deviations noted on the event’s webpage) participants follow the “blue” course marked by blue arrows.
- Puoli, Open 5K, Skijor 5K/10K (Saturday) participants follow the “red” course marked by red arrows.
- Tour, Point-to-Point Skijoring Loppet 2-dog (Sunday), Snowshoe Loppet, Skijor 3K 1-dog and Next Generation participants follow the “green” course marked by green arrows. Next Generation doing 1K or 2K should look for the 1K and 2K cutoff signs.
Due to COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions, we are not currently planning to have aid stations. If we are able to have aid stations, amenities will be limited. Participants should plan to be self reliant and supply their own nutrition and hydration.