Loppet TRAIL KIDS Fall Adventure Series
The TRAIL KIDS Fall Adventure Series consists of three adventure runs and the Trail Loppet Age Gap Relays. The Series is open to all kids 14 and under. Youth accumulate points by placing in their age brackets for all four adventure run races. Top three places in each age group (U10, U12,U14, U16) will be awarded after each race event. Overall Series top three winners will be awarded at Loppet Games Event.
The Adventure Series culminates with the Loppet Games event Saturday , October 26. The Adventure Race Series is included in all Loppet TRAIL KIDS Fall registration.
USSA Age Classification: Youth are given points for the place they finish at each race event for their age category. It is based on their birth date.
Adventure Run #1: Trailhead Single Track Race: Stadium 18/Ski Jump Hill Single Track
- Date/Time: Thursday, September 12, 5:30 p.m. pre-registration/course preview warm-up and 6:00 p.m. race start.
- Location: The Trailhead, Wirth Park
- Meet here for bib pick-up and warm up for race. Race course will be at different locations around Trail 36 Trailhead area.
- Length of race: 1 mile
- Race Course: Will be one mile race with start and finish at Stadium 18 (take stairway up halfway and take a right and you will see open field.
- Race Schedule:
- 5:15/5:30 pm: pre-registration/course preview warm-up
- 6:00 pm: U10/U12 Race
- 6:15 pm: U14/U16Race
- 6:30 pm: Cool down on course, post race snacks and prize drawings.
- Date/Time: Saturday, September 21, 9:20 a.m.
- Race Location: The Trailhead, Wirth Park
- Must Register online: Registration fee included for all TRAIL KIDS and Adventure Running Series participants but each child/adult team must register online for the Age Gap Relay Trail Loppet Race. Parents need to register online for this event with following code – AdventureSeriesTK19 at this link: Age Gap Relay Trail Loppet event
The Age Gap Relays are a two person relay event – one adult and one child per team. Registration is priced per team. Starting and finishing at the normal Trail Loppet start and finish areas ( Near Trailhead buidling). Both participants complete two laps of a 1K course. Each team starts with the adults and finishes with the kids – so it goes adult lap 1, kid lap 1, adult lap 2, kid lap 2. The course includes rolling single track trails with obstacles like hay bails to jump over along the way. The Age Gap Relays are chip timed. Participants must have their timing chip on to be timed. All Age Gap Relay participants receive commemorative running socks.
Adventure Run #3: Stadium 18 to Trailhead 36
- Date/Time: Thursday, September 26, 5:30 p.m.
- Location:The Trailhead – Meet here for bib pick up and warm up on course with coaches.
Adventure Run #4: Widow Maker Single Track to Trailhead
- Date/Time: Thursday, October 3, 5:30 p.m.
- Location: The Trailhead – Meet here for race bib pick up and warm up with coaches.
- Saturday, Oct. 26, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Kids enrolled in the Loppet Foundation’s TRAIL KIDS program are automatically entered in the Series as part of the Fall Program fee. All others must register separately.
- Cost: $50 or $60 after September 1
- Includes four adventure race series and Loppet Games Event
- Race Day Registration: $15 (we highly encourage parents to preregister for the entire series)
- Separate registration for Loppet Games of $15. Make checks payable to Loppet Foundation.