The goal of the LNR Development (Devo) Team is to offer quality, instructional ski training for middle school and high school aged skiers. The Development Team is our former 3 day program and is still intended for skiers wishing to train 3 days a week with us in the summer. The 3-day-a-week plan allows skiers to participate in another program like summer running or a HS based ski program. This group is composed mostly of years of birth 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010.
2023 LNR Spring Training
Starting April 17th runs 8 weeks through June 9th.
Mondays 4pm – 6pm at The Trailhead. Running mechanics, games, strength in weight room
Tuesdays 4pm at Wirth Beach. Road bike (Mtn bikes okay). Starting with approx 90 min, but will generally be 2:00-2:30hr rides.
Wednesdays 4pm at The Trailhead. Running – mix of distance and intensity workouts.
Thursdays 4pm-6pm at The Trailhead. Running mechanics, games, strength in weight room
Friday – Sunday – no organized practice but recommended training to complete on your own.
2023 Devo Team Summer Schedule
Summer training program starts June 12th runs 9 weeks through August 11th. 3 and 5 day a week registration options are available. One main training group at Hyland M, W, and F mornings. Tues/Thurs 4pm at Trailhead. Some training sessions at other locations like Lake Nokomis or Minnehaha Falls.
Mondays 8am at Bush Lake Beach (Hyland). Rollerskiing classic or skate.
Tuesdays 4pm at The Trailhead. Strength and on foot agility/games.
Wednesdays 8am at Bush Lake Beach (Hyland). Rollerskiing classic or skate.
Thuesdays 4pm at the Trailhead. Strength and on foot agility/games.
Fridays 8am at Bush Lake Beach (Hyland). On foot intensity workouts.
2023 Fall Schedule- Starts week of Labor Day and runs to early November.
- Mondays: 4:15pm at The Trailhead. On foot drills, games, strength.
- Tuesdays: 4:15pm at Bush Lake Beach. On foot intensity.
- Wednesdays: 4:15pm at The Trailhead. Rollerski technique, agility, speed training.
- Thursdays: 4:15pm at Bush Lake Beach. Rollerski intensity.
- Fridays: 4:15pm at The Trailhead. On foot drills, games, strength.
- Saturdays: Locations vary. morning workouts, generally 8am or 9am. Over distance workout on volume weeks, time trials or intervals on intensity weeks.
- Sundays: Off day, active recovery.
LNR 2023 Devo Team “Away” Camps
Athletes must be enrolled in Summer LNR (Comp or Devo) in order to attend camps. We do make exceptions if there is room and if the athlete is sufficiently prepared.
LNR 2023 Development Team Camps
June Camp in Ironwood MI. June 19th – 24th (6 days). Combined with Comp team.
July Camp in North Shore, Grand Marais, MN, (Bally Creek Cabins). July 24th – 28th (5 days)
MEA Camp in Cable WI. Oct 18th – 22nd (5 days). Combined with Comp Team.
Thanksgiving On Snow Camp in West Yellowstone MT (9 days). Nov 18th – 26th. Combined with Comp Team. Camp registration includes coach bus from Mpls to West Yellowstone and back.
Thanksgiving On Snow Camp: November 20th to 28th. Location TBD (tentatively W. Yellowstone, MT)
Year Round Devo Team
The annual year round cost of the LNR Devo Team is $4,200. Although the fees are substantial, they include four out of town training camps, spring, summer, fall and winter training sessions, as well as training plans, lactate testing, and race support. The team fee can be paid in full or paid in installments of $1050.
Scholarships available on a need based from the Loppet Foundation. Please contact Coach Bednarski for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Training program running from April 2023 – March 2024.
- June Camp in Ironwood MI, July Camp in Cable WI, MEA Camp in Cable WI and Thanksgiving On Snow Training Camp in West Yellowstone MT
- Year round training plan, time trials and field testing, lactate profiles
- 3-7 organized training sessions per week unless otherwise noted
2023 Spring and Summer Programs
2023 Fall and Winter Programs
Opens March 1, 2023 LNR Juniors Devo Team Year-Round
- To keep training varied, challenging, and having the opportunity to explore new places
- To make sure training in spring and summer is focused on making you a better all around athlete: coordination, speed, and running/movement mechanics
- To make sure that the environment at LNR is one that stresses being a good person, not just a good athlete. We will focus on working well in a group and members are expected to participate in a number of volunteer projects throughout the year.
Devo Team Camps
Athletes must be enrolled in LNR Comp or Devo in order to attend camps. We do make exceptions if there is room and if the athlete is sufficiently prepared. Please contact Piotr at email@example.com for all Devo Team questions. Please contact Chris Harvey at firstname.lastname@example.org for all Comp Team questions.
Fall 2023 – Starting after Labor Day
Training sessions at the Trailhead and at E. Bush Lake Beach near Hyland Park in Bloomington. We will be meeting at 4pm- for those that need to arrive later because of school, we will make arrangements so you connect with the group at 4:15/4:30. most practices run 1hr30min to 1hr 45 min. Sat practices will be closer to 2:45-3:00hrs.
- Monday: Trailhead, running mechanics, game, and strength
- Tuesday: E. Bush Lake Beach, running or bounding intensity or distance
- Wednesday: Trailhead, rollerski distance
- Thursday: E. Bush Lake Beach, rollerski intensity
- Friday: Trailhead, short rollerski, game, strengthw
- Saturday: Various locations, 9am (eg, Minnehaha Falls, E. Bush Lake Beach, W. River Rd). Long distance rollerskis and/or run
2023 Winter Schedule
First week in December – mid March. Theodore Wirth Park is the primary meeting place. Some training will take place at other venues depending on snow conditions and goals of the workout.
LNR will work with high school programs to provide training plans for athletes who are training and racing at a regional and national level. Note that LNR training will make special accommodation for athletes in schools that don’t get out until 4pm.
- Mondays: No organized practice, but we will recommended training to complete on your own.
- Tuesdays: 4:00pm- 5:30pm (may go longer)
- Wednesdays: 4:00pm-5:30pm (may go longer)
- Thursdays: 4:00pm-5:30pm (may go longer)
- Fridays: Generally no practice on Friday, but on CXC Cup race weekends we will train together at the race venue- 4:00-5:30pm
- Saturdays: Mornings (generally 9am). Racing or training. Saturday practices will be scheduled sporadically through the winter.
- Sundays: Generally we will only meet for races on Sundays (CXC Junior Cup)
**Program Fee reductions are available for those with financial need. Please contact Piotr Bednarski at email@example.com for application.**