The goal of the LNR Development (Devo) Team is to offer quality, instructional ski training for middle school and high school aged skiers. The Development Team is our former 3 day program and is still intended for skiers wishing to train 3 days a week with us in the summer. The 3-day-a-week plan allows skiers to participate in another program like summer running or a HS based ski program.
Year Round Devo Team
The annual year round cost of the LNR Devo Team is $3,800. Although the fees are substantial, they include four out of town training camps, spring, summer, fall and winter training sessions, as well as training plans, lactate testing, and race support. The team fee can be paid in full or paid in installments of $950.
Scholarships available on a need based from the Loppet Foundation. Please contact Coach Bednarski for more information at email@example.com.
- Training program running from April 2021 – March 2022.
- June Camp in Cable WI, July Camp in Ironwood MI, MEA Camp in Cable WI and Thanksgiving On Snow Training Camp Location TBD
- Year round training plan, time trials and field testing, lactate profiles
- 3-7 organized training sessions per week unless otherwise noted
- To keep training varied, challenging, and having the opportunity to explore new places
- To make sure training in spring and summer is focused on making you a better all around athlete: coordination, speed, and running/movement mechanics
- To make sure that the environment at LNR is one that stresses being a good person, not just a good athlete. We will focus on working well in a group and members are expected to participate in a number of volunteer projects throughout the year.
Devo Team Camps
Athletes must be enrolled in LNR Comp or Devo in order to attend camps. We do make exceptions if there is room and if the athlete is sufficiently prepared. Please contact Piotr at firstname.lastname@example.org for all Devo Team questions. Please contact Chris Harvey at email@example.com for all Comp Team questions.
LNR 2021 Devo Team Camps
- July Camp: July 19th to 23rd in Ironwood, MI (5 days)
- October MEA Camp: October 20th to 24th at Lake Owen Resort, Cable WI (5 days)
- Thanksgiving On Snow Camp: November 20th to 28th. Location TBD.
2021-2022 Winter Schedule
First week in December – mid March. Theodore Wirth Park is the primary meeting place. Some training will take place at other venues depending on snow conditions and goals of the workout.
LNR will work with high school programs to provide training plans for athletes who are training and racing at a regional and national level. Note that LNR training will make special accommodation for athletes in schools that don’t get out until 4pm.
- Mondays: No organized practice, but we will recommended training to complete on your own.
- Tuesdays: 4:00pm- 5:30pm (may go longer)
- Wednesdays: 4:00pm-5:30pm (may go longer)
- Thursdays: 4:00pm-5:30pm (may go longer)
- Fridays: Generally no practice on Friday, but on CXC Cup race weekends we will train together at the race venue- 4:00-5:30pm
- Saturdays: Mornings (generally 9am). Racing or training. Saturday practices will be scheduled sporadically through the winter.
- Sundays: Generally we will only meet for races on Sundays (CXC Junior Cup)
2021 LNR Spring Training
- LNR Development and Comp Team (NOTE, Comp Team 3:30pm, Devo Team 3:45pm)
- Starting April 12th runs 8 weeks through June 4th.
- Mondays 3:45pm-5:45pm at The Trailhead. Running mechanics, games, strength in weight room.
- Tuesdays 3:45-6:15pm @ The Trailhead. Road bike or MTB – Starting with approx 90 min, but will generally be 2:00-2:30hr rides. **note that Tuesday workouts won’t start till April 21st**
- Wednesdays 3:45-5:30pm @ The Trailhead. Running – mix of distance and intensity workouts.
- Thursdays 3:45pm-5:45pm at The Trailhead. Running mechanics, games, strength in weight room.
- Friday – Sunday: no organized practice but recommended training to complete on your own.
2021 Devo Summer Training – LNR Devo 3 Days/week Schedule
June 14th – August 13th, Select Best Location
French Park Training Group
- Monday 8am @ Armstrong HS – rollerski intensity
- Wednesday 8am @ Armstrong HS – rollerski distance
- Friday 8am @ The Trailhead – on foot intensity
W. River Road Training Group
- Monday 8am @ W. River Road – Rollerski intensity
- Wednesday 8am @ W. River Road – Rollerski distance
- Friday 8am @ The Trailhead – on foot intensity
Hyland Park, Bloomington Training Group
- Monday 8am @ Hyland – rollerski intensity
- Wednesday 8am @ Hyland – rollerski distance
- Friday 8am @ Hyland – on foot intensity
LNR Devo 5 Day Schedule
- 3 Day Training Group (Hyland, French, or W. River Rd)
- Tuesday/Thursday 4pm Strength Training at The Trailhead
Fall 2021 – September 7 to November 16
Training sessions at the Trailhead and at E. Bush Lake Beach near Hyland Park in Bloomington. We will be meeting at 4pm- for those that need to arrive later because of school, we will make arrangements so you connect with the group at 4:15/4:30. most practices run 1hr30min to 1hr 45 min. Sat practices will be closer to 2:45-3:00hrs.
- Monday: Trailhead, running mechanics, game, and strength
- Tuesday: E. Bush Lake Beach, running or bounding intensity or distance
- Wednesday: Trailhead, rollerski distance
- Thursday: E. Bush Lake Beach, rollerski intensity
- Friday: Trailhead, short rollerski, game, strengthw
- Saturday: Various locations, 9am (eg, Minnehaha Falls, E. Bush Lake Beach, W. River Rd). Long distance rollerskis and/or run
**Program Fee reductions are available for those with financial need. Please contact Piotr Bednarski at firstname.lastname@example.org for application.**