Spring Strength for Endurance Athletes
The LNR Adult Strength Spring Session will primarily focus on building a solid base for nordic skiing utilizing body weight movements, barbells, free weights and plyometrics. Participants will learn to use correct technique for movements through hands on instruction. Also a large focus for the spring session will be mobility and stretching . Whether you are new to strength, or have been doing it for years, this will be a beneficial course to improve your ski performance.
Dates: April 6th – June 4th. Session does not meet on Monday, May 25th (Memorial Day). 9 week program
Where: Online video conference until further notice. We will move to The Trailhead if health guidelines allow.
Schedule: Monday and Thursday mornings at 7am-8:15am
Coach: Piotr Bednarski and LNR staff, email email@example.com
Cost: $160 for 2 days per week
NOTE: Test Drive April 6 and April 9th. Email Piotr Bednarski at firstname.lastname@example.org for an invite to Video conference
- Weighted backback (filled with books or other heavy things) – 25-50 lbs
- A stable step or platform, 10-16 inches tall (STABLE! can’t be tippy)
- Some light handweights 3-5 lbs (cans of beans, etc will do in a pinch)
- Heavier handweights – dumbells 10-25lbs OR 2 x 1 gallon plastic jugs filled with water
- Ski pole or long pvc pipe – at least 4 feet long- for shoulder mobility
- Area that’s at least 12′ x 12′, preferably with some padding (not just cement), a larger area is better
- A wall you can lean on (for stretches and running mechanics)
- Computer/smartphone with internet 🙂
- You can have your own music, but make sure you mute your microphone
- Optional items: Swiss ball, thera-bands (small ones to put around ankles), jump rope.