Mountain Bike Skills Clinics
Experience the thrill of mountain biking on the beautiful Loppet Foundation and Theodore Wirth Park trails with friends, led by BICP certified instructors. Whether you are new to mountain biking or an experienced rider, focusing on your fundamental skills will take your riding to the next level – safely and with confidence. You’ll practice essential riding techniques, including body and bike position, shifting, braking, climbing, descending, and navigating minor obstacles on the trail. We’ll also go over important communication skills and mountain biking trail etiquette with the aim of keeping multi-use trails safe and accessible for everyone. Did we mention there will be plenty of riding? This class is ideal for those who are already comfortable riding a bike on flat and even terrain looking to advance their skills and technique.
All clinics are led by our BICP Certified Skills Instructors that have a passion for sharing their knowledge, teaching, and developing others. Clinics are limited to six riders.
Loppet Cycle Works clinics provide guidance on:
- Bike set-up
- Body position
- Pressure control and balance
- Bike and body separation
- Cornering techniques
- Climbing and descending
- Braking techniques
- And more…
Required equipment for this class includes the following. We are happy to help you make bike adjustments during the first session.
- A tuned mountain bike or fat bike
- Flat platform pedals are prefered and smooth soled shoes are ideal
- A helmet
- Ability to lower your saddle
- A willingness to learn
- Desire for adventure
Once you have completed your session, you can join Loppet Cycle Works groups rides throughout the week, trips to amazing destinations, and attend follow-up clinics and camps. Information regarding all of these extended opportunities will be provided during your session.
Dates and Registration
All two day clinics (Friday & Saturday) are offered in two seperate clinics, a women’s only that is FTW friendly and a mixed gender. Our Wednesday AM offering is mixed gender.
- July 14, 21, 28 Wednesdays 9:00-11:00am (Full)**
- July 23-24, Friday 6:00-7:30pm and Saturday 8:30-1:00pm (Full)**
- August 4, 11, 18 Wednesdays 9:00-11:00am
- August 13-14, Friday 6:00-7:30pm and Saturday 8:30-1:00pm (Full)**
- Just added – September 8, 15, 22 Wednesdays 9:00-11:00am
- Just added – September 10-11, Friday 5:30-7:00pm and Saturday 8:30-1:00pm
- Just added – October 6, 13, 20 Wednesdays 9:00-11:00am
- Just added – October 1-2, Friday 5:30-7:-00pm and Saturday 8:30-1:00pm
**Please use this waitlist link for any clinics that are full. If we receive enough people on the waitlist we can add more coaches or clinic dates.Register Now!
The Loppet will issue a full refund of the program fee minus a $40.00 processing fee up until one month before the program starts. There are no refunds for any cancellations within one month of the start of a program. During the program, if you have a medical issue that makes it impossible to participate, we will issue a prorated refund minus the $40.00 processing fee. If the Loppet cancels a program, a full refund will be issued.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.