Fall Run, Orienteering/Rollerski Program
The Fall TRAIL KIDS Program offers fun outdoor active adventures for kids ages 7-13 years old. Coaches keep practice both challenging and fun for kids while also teaching important age developmental motor skills. Youth are split into ability/age/gender coaching groups (U10, U12, U14).
Youth gain both fitness, strength and ski specific technique while also enjoying some adventures outdoors! Each session will be a mix of trail running/bounding, ultimate, orienteering, adventure races and rollerski/rollerblade sessions. The registration fee includes four adventure running races along with our fall celebration at Loppet Games Event!
At practice, youth will be challenged with the following activities:
- Agility and strength exercises to develop age appropriate motor skills
- Ski specific balance and technique drills to help prepare for winter
- Ski bounding/trail running to build endurance and power
- Orienteering skills and competition events
- Adventure Trail Race Series provides competition and fun adventures in the woods
- Games, relays, ultimate and soccer mixed in throughout the sessions.
Fall Program Session Options:
Early Fall Session
- Date: September 3 – Oct. 29 (no session MEA Oct. 17 or Oct. 31)
- Cost: $300 or $320 after August 22 (includes 16 Tuesday/Thursday sessions, Adventure Run Race Series and Loppet Games Event)
Late Fall Session:
- Dates: October 1 – Oct. 29 No practice on MEA break Oct 17
- Cost: $165 or $190 after September 10 (cost includes 8 weekly sessions, Adventure Trail Running Series and Loppet Games Event)
New to Fall TRAIL KIDS? Come test drive a session any Tuesday evening. For more info click here
TRAIL KIDS has a rollerblade rental program that includes skate ski poles as well for $15 extra. We do not rent rollerskis. We suggest all beginner skiers start on rollerblades. You can sign up to rent them at following link : Rollerblade rental.
Please see the following link for equipment needed for the fall session – Fall Equipment Needed
All programs meet at 5:30 – 7:00 p.m at locations listed below:
- Hyland Park, Bloomington
- Wirth Park, Trailhead, Minneapolis
- All Fall Adventure Run Series events take place on Thursday evenings and meet at the Trailhead
Fee reductions are available for those in financial need. Please inquire my email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For more information on the Loppet TRAIL KIDS coaching staff click here