Fall TRAIL KIDS Programs
The Fall TRAIL KIDS Program offers fun outdoor active adventures for kids ages 7-14 years old. Coaches keep practice both challenging and fun for kids while also teaching important age developmental motor skills. Youth are split into ability/age/gender coaching groups (U10, U12, U14).
Youth gain both fitness, strength and ski specific technique while also enjoying some adventures outdoors! Each session will be a mix of trail running/bounding, ultimate, orienteering, adventure races and rollerski/rollerblade sessions. Sunday we have mountain bike sessions meeting at Wirth Trailhead.
At practice, youth will be challenged with the following activities:
- Agility and strength exercises to develop age appropriate motor skills
- Ski specific balance and technique drills to help prepare for winter
- Ski bounding/trail running to build endurance and power
- Orienteering skills and competition events
- Adventure Trail Race Series provides competition and fun adventures in the woods
- Games, relays, ultimate and soccer mixed in throughout the sessions.
- Rollerski/Rollerblade ski technique sessions
Please see the following link for equipment needed for the fall session – Fall Equipment Needed
Fall Program Session Options:
Click on individual links below for more detailed information and registration:
- Early Fall Two Day Program: September 4 – November 1
- Early Fall Plus Sunday Program: September 4 – Nov. 1 ( includes Sunday mountain bike sessions at discounted price)
- Late Fall Program: October 2 – November 1
- Fall Sunday Mountain Bike Program: September 10 – October 28
- Girls Rock Mountain Bike Fall Program: Sept. 10 – Oct.15 Monday evenings
Fee reductions are available for those in financial need. Please inquire with program director Kim Rudd at email@example.com for more information.
All programs meet at 5:30 – 7:00 p.m at locations listed below:
- Hyland Park, Bloomington
- Wirth Park, Trailhead, Minneapolis
- Elm Creek Park, Maple Grove
- All Fall Adventure Run Series events take place on Thursday evenings and meet at the Trailhead
- Fall Sunday Mountain Bike Session, Wirth Park, Trailhead 3:00 – 4:30 p.m.
For more information on the Loppet TRAIL KIDS coaching staff click here.