News & Stories
How, Why and When of Endurance Training for Juniors
Join LNR coaches Piotr Bednarski and Chris Harvey for a presentation on the basics of endurance training for juniors. We’ll look at how the body adapts to training as well as how training should change as an athlete matures and focuses on a particular sport.
- Monday, May 8, 2017 from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- Lindberg Center, Hopkins High School, Room W230
- Athletes, parents, and coaches welcome!
- For athletes age 13-18
Discussion will cover the exercise physiology of endurance sport:
- Focus on xc skiing training and competition
- How does the body adapt to training?
- Developmental steps and windows of opportunity
- What it takes to excel in XC skiing long term
- Critical success factors and typical mistakes
- Training planning and lactate profiles
- The Long Term Development Model
- LNR Training Philosophy and Summer Programs