The Loppet Foundation
:: News & Stories
:: 2014 FAST KIDS Winter Program Open House Informational Meeting, Monday, November 10
2014 FAST KIDS Winter Program Open House Informational Meeting, Monday, November 10
- Date: Monday, November 10
- Time: 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- Location: Wirth Main Chalet, Upper Fire Place Room
- Who: Both Parents and kids are welcome to attend event ( families new to FAST KIDS are welcome to attend).
- Head LNR Coach Piotr Bednarski and FAST KIDS Director and Coach Kim Rudd will be giving an overview of the FAST KIDS Youth Program. The presentation will include an overview of our FAST KIDS year round program with an emphasis this evening on the winter program.
- Meet the FAST KIDS Coaching Staff: The weekly sessions get very busy, so this is a great time to meet all the FAST KIDS coaching staff and to ask specific questions that you may have about our winter FAST KIDS program.
- Intro to youth racing: We will talk about the upcoming youth races that are available for your child to race in both during the week and weekend series ( Skiwerx series and the new regional CXC Youth Cup). We will also provide some helpful hints for both kids and parents to prepare for each race. There will be specific FAST KIDS races that we will recommend kids to compete in where FAST KIDS will provide coaches to help with wax and race warm-up preparation.
- Equipment Information: What you need to know about picking out both skate and classic poles, boots and ski’s.
- Clothing Tips and FAST KIDS Race Suit Demos available: We will talk about what clothing your child should wear for FAST KIDS practice sessions and there will also be FAST KIDS race suits ( two piece) and warm-up jackets/pants available to try on for sizing.
- Parent Volunteer Sign-Up: There will be an opportunity for parents to sign up as Team Managers for upcoming races and to help at both the Hyland and Wirth FAST KIDS Winter Programs.
- Equipment swap: Get rid of the poles, ski’s, race suits, and boots that your child has grown out of and sell them to someone else in the FAST KIDS club ( arrive by 6:45 p.m. if you have equipment to sell).
- Waxing Demonstration: Coaches will demonstrate both glide wax and kick wax application and how to properly take care of your ski equipment.