News & Stories
What is Skijoring? (Ski+Pull=SkiJor), Join us for Intro to Skijoring January 16, 2014
January 7, 2014
The goal of the Loppet Skijoring Club is to assist all levels of skijorers with opportunities to learn, share and grow through incremental training in a community of skiers and pet parents that are passionate about embracing winter in partnership the unique and wonderful sport of Skijoring.
Assuming that you own cross-country ski equipment, a medium-sized dog, and a desire to learn, after our informational session January 16, you will be ready to add the necessary skijor equipment and some fundamental training and. See below for more information.
- Free Introductory Session on Thursday, January 16, 2014 – Wirth Chalet Fireplace room – 7 p.m.
- Outdoor sessions on Sundays Jan 19, 26 and February 9, 16, 23
- Time: 3 pm-4:30 pm
- Location: Meet in the Par 3 parking lot of Theodore Wirth Park
- Facilitator: Kevin Murphy, founder of the City of Lakes Skijor Loppet and avid skijor-er and event planner. Outdoor sessions will be led by Midwest Skijorers Club.
- Cost: $25 per session or $99.00 for all sessions for Loppet members. $30.00 per session or $130.00 for all sessions for non-members. Must purchase a trail pass through MPRB
- Registration: You can sign up for one, two or three sessions. Group size is limited limited to 6 teams (dog/pet parent pair) Please bring your own equipment – both Skijor harness for your dog and ski’s for you. Please contact Anthony Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in registering.
For more information go to: Loppet Adventure Skijor Club