News & Stories
Fall Colors Trip – Paddle the St. Croix
No better way to see fall colors than in the middle of the St. Croix. Come join the MCA (Minnesota Canoe Association) and the Loppet community on Saturday October 6th for a view of the St. Croix River in its fall splendor.
Route: Minnesota Interstate State Park at Taylor Falls to William O’Brien State Park at Marine on St. Croix with a lunch stop at Osceola Bridge Landing Rt. 243. The paddling distances are 7 miles 2 to 3 hours from Interstate to Osceola and 10 miles 3 to 4 hours from Osceola to William O’Brien State Park. We will make arrangement for a take out at Osceola if needed.
- 9:00 Arrive at MN Interstate Park boat landing, sign in, unload, get ready.
- 9:15 Start shuttle to O’Brien and other take outs, drivers only.
- 10:00 Start Paddling
- 12:00 Lunch at Osceola Bridge Landing
- 12:45 Builders Contest ( See rules below )
- 1:30 Start Paddling
- 4:00 Arrive at O’Brien load up and finish shuttle.
- 5:00 Wrap up.
- The trip costs a $4.00 per person charge payable to the MCA for non MCA members (for insurace coverage). A USCA waiver must be filled out and signed by all participants.
- Participants must provide their own boat and lifejacket.
- Shuttle will be run by participants and coordinated by MCA leaders.
- Bring your own food and beverage.
Canoe Builders Contest Rules
- Boat must have been made with in the last 3 years by the person entering the boat.
- Classes will be determined on the day of the event.
- Winners will be determined by a vote of the people present.