News & Stories
LNR Youth – August Introductory Session
July 19, 2012
The August introductory session is designed for anyone with kids 9-13 years old who is thinking about Loppet-Skiwerx programming. For the introductory session equipment is provided (must have own helmet, closed toe shoes and, preferably, ski boots). Mountain bikes, rollerskis and poles will be available for the introductory session. Kids will mountain bike, go orienteering, rollerski, play games and build strength and agility. The session will end with a two-day “stage race” where the kids will have an opportunity to test their mettle in a variety of fun events. This is a great way to test the waters and find out if your child would enjoy ongoing Loppet programming.
- Six sessions – August 13, 15, 17, 20, 22 and 24.
- 8:30 a.m. – 10 a.m. each day, longer sessions with special “stage race” on August 22 and 24
- Location: Wirth Park – meet at Wirth Beach (on Glenwood Avenue between Wirth Parkway and Xerxes Avenue)
- Equipment – Mountain bikes, rollerskis and poles are available for rent on a first-come, first-served basis. Register early to reserve equipment.
- Price – $80 for the whole session. Small additional fee for equipment rental.
- Register Now!