TRAIL KIDS Nordic Ski Preseason Meeting and Wax Clinic
When: Sunday, November 3 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Who: For all current and new TRAIL KIDS participants and parents.
What: The TRAIL KIDS meeting will include:
- Information on the 2019/20 Winter TRAIL KIDS Program
- Meet the TRAIL KIDS coaching staff.
- Wax clinic ( glide and kick wax demonstrations).
- TRAIL KIDS optional race suit and warm up fitting.
- Overview of 2019/20 Skiwerx and CXC Youth Cup race schedule.
- Tips for youth and parents for race day.
- Tips on dressing for the cold weather.
- Ski swap and ski equipment fitting tips- Bring your child’s equipment that they have outgrown and coaches will be there to fit kids for ski and pole sizing.
- 6:00 – 6:30pm: Team ski swap ( youth equipment only) and equipment sizing offered by Gear West. Bring last years equipment and your child to see if their equipment still fits!
- 6:30 – 7:00pm: TRAIL KIDS Nordic Program Overview given by Kim Rudd, TRAIL KIDS Director
- Welcome and Introduce coaching staff
- Overview of TRAIL KIDS Nordic Program
- Overview of upcoming Skiwerx and CXC Youth Cup race series schedule
- Prize drawings (win some fun prizes donated by local ski shops)
- 7:00 – 7:15pm: Clothing/Equipment tips: Gear West and coaching staff
- 7:15 – 8:00pm: Rotation to various ski information stations below:
- Basic glide and kick wax clinic
- SkiErg and double pole technique
- TRAIL KIDS race suit/warm up and ski equipment fitting