Fall Run, Orienteering & Rollerski Program
The Fall TRAIL KIDS Program offers fun outdoor active adventures for kids ages 7-13 years old. Coaches keep practice both challenging and fun for kids while also teaching important age developmental motor skills. Youth are split into ability/age/gender coaching groups (U10, U12, U14).
Youth gain both fitness, strength and ski specific technique while also enjoying some adventures outdoors! Each session will be a mix of trail running/bounding, ultimate, orienteering, adventure races and rollerski/rollerblade sessions. Sunday we have mountain bike sessions meeting at Wirth Trailhead for those who sign up for three day session option.
At practice, youth will be challenged with the following activities:
- Agility and strength exercises to develop age appropriate motor skills
- Ski specific balance and technique drills to help prepare for winter
- Ski bounding/trail running to build endurance and power
- Orienteering skills and competition events
- Adventure Trail Race Series provides competition and fun adventures in the woods
- Games, relays, ultimate and soccer mixed in throughout the sessions.
- Rollerski/Rollerblade ski technique sessions
Please see the following link for equipment needed for the fall session – Fall Equipment Needed
Fall Program Session Options:
Early Fall Session
- Date: September 3 – Oct. 29 (no session MEA Oct. 17 or Oct. 31)
- Cost: $300 or $320 after August 22 (includes 16 Tuesday/Thursday sessions, Adventure Run Race Series and Loppet Games Event)
Late Fall Session:
- Dates: October 1 – Oct. 29 No practice on MEA break Oct 17
- Cost: $165 or $190 after September 10 (cost includes 8 weekly sessions, Adventure Trail Running Series and Loppet Games Event)
All programs meet at 5:30 – 7:00 p.m at locations listed below:
- Hyland Park, Bloomington
- Wirth Park, Trailhead, Minneapolis
- All Fall Adventure Run Series events take place on Thursday evenings and meet at the Trailhead
For more information on the Loppet TRAIL KIDS coaching staff click here