The Loppet Foundation’s Adventures Intern works closely with the Adventures Leaderships team to assist with Adventures programming, as well as learning various career opportunities within Loppet Foundation. This position was created to give youth the opportunity to gain job skills and hands on work experience in the outdoors industry. The position works across the organization to learn and assist with daily programming.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with Minne-Loppet and Junior Loppet session
- Learning and helping young students to learn the fundamentals of cross country skiing, biking, running and canoeing
- Create and implement a leadership program that will invite and encourage their peers to participate in Loppet programs and activities
- Work with the Trailhead team to learn retail, scheduling and rentals
- Work with the Trails team to learn and assist with trail maintenance