Loppet 101: We created the Loppet 101 series to provide helpful tips and information for people just joining our community of runners, skiers, mountain bikers and outdoor adventurers. If there is a topic you would like to see covered, we’d love to hear from you! Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Loppet 101: Mountain Biking
- Loppet 101: Types of Mountain BikesBack in the early days of mountain biking there was basically one kind of mountain bike. It had 26 inch wheels, no suspension, and it was most likely made from steel or maybe aluminum. Simpler times. Today, not only do we have categories, we have categories within categories with more appearing every season. If you’ve […]
- Loppet 101: Mountain Bike PedalsIf you’re new to mountain biking, you may not have spent much time contemplating your pedals. And why should you, pedals are pedals, right? Well, sort of. Like so many things mountain biking, when it comes to pedals there are a variety of types. Regular pedals Just the basics. These are great for riding around […]
- Loppet 101: Six things you should have on every mountain bike rideNothing kills the flow of your trail ride more quickly than a flat or mechanical issue with your bike. Fortunately, if you have the right tools with you, flats, and many mechanicals, can be fixed trail side. If you’re new to mountain biking, knowing what you need to get you out of a trailside jam […]
Loppet 101: Cross-Country Skiing
- Loppet 101: Common XC Ski TermsLike a lot of sports, cross-country (XC) skiing has a language all its own. If you’re new to the sport, or just thinking about giving it a try, knowing some of the XC ski terminology will go a long way toward making you feel more comfortable asking questions at the ski shop or during ski […]
- Loppet 101: XC Ski Trail EtiquetteJust like we have rules of the road so we can all safely get to where we want to go, there are some rules of the ski trail that let us all play safely together in the snow. These rules, aka trail etiquette, besides keeping us all safe, have the added bonus of making skiing […]