Loppet TRAIL KIDS 2018 Winter Session
The Loppet TRAIL KIDS Winter Program is for youth ages 7 – 14 and provides coaching instruction for both classic and skate ski technique. Loppet TRAIL KIDS is offered at three locations around the Twin cities ( Hyland, Wirth and Elm Creek) and offers trained level 100 CXC/USSA certified coaches.
Beginner to advanced skiers are split into ability and age coaching groups so that each youth is challenged appropriately. TRAIL KIDS sessions include technique drills, relays, games on skis, distance adventure skiing and preparing for upcoming race events. The main focus is developing skills, having fun and falling in love with a lifetime sport!
Full Winter Loppet Program: The winter program meets twice a week December 4- March 3 for 13 weeks ( 24 weekly sessions and additional weekend sessions plus weekend race support ending with Midwest Junior Championships). No session Dec. 25, Jan. 1 and February 21 ( Junior Birkie).
Half Winter Program: Meets twice a week for nine weeks ( 17 sessions plus some weekend sessions and race support) from January 2 – March 3ending with Midwest Junior Championships.
Both Winter Programs Include:
- Coaching and wax support at specific 2018/10 CXC/Skiwerx race events.
- Thursday night TRAIL KIDS race series ( 5 races in Jan. – Feb.)
- Additional weekend and holiday adventure distance ski events ( Feb. 18 and waffle loppet events).
- Loppet TRAIL KIDS race hat.
- Bi-weekly 1.5 hour coached training sessions focused on technique, ski drills, endurance, strength, speed, relays, games, and race tactics. Large focus is on developing skills, adventure and falling in love with a lifetime sport!
- Midwest Junior Championships races and festival entry fee.
TRAIL KIDS Winter Program does not include ski pass for either Wirth Park or Three Rivers. Parents must purchase ski passes online at below site links. Coach Rudd will email a half price season pass discount code to those registered for Winter TRAIL KIDS ( total cost will be $20 for Wirth Youth Ski Pass).
- Wirth Ski Passes ( now required for kids ages 11 and under for 2017/18 season)
- Three Rivers Ski Pass (A cross-country ski pass is required for skiers age 12 and older)
2017-18 Winter Loppet TRAIL KIDS Locations
Wirth Park, Minneapolis
- Session Times: 5:30 –7:00 p.m. Tuesday/Thursday
- Location Meeting Spot: Wirth Main Chalet Parking lot
Hyland Lake Park, Bloomington
- Session Time: 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. Tuesday/Thursday
- Location Meeting Spot: Upper Parking lot just north of Jan’s place at Hyland Lake Park Three Rivers Nordic Trails. During winter break sessions may have to meet at Wirth Park due to Three Rivers Park Permit rules.
Elm Creek Park, Osseo
- Session Schedule: Tuesday/Thursdays, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- Meeting Spot: Elm Creek Main Chalet
Full Winter TRAIL KIDS Program:
$415 by November 20 or $430 after.
Half Winter TRAIL KIDS Program:
$315 by December 1 or $330 after.