Loppet TRAIL KIDS 2016-17 Winter Session
The Loppet TRAIL KIDS Winter Program is for youth ages 7 – 14 and provides coaching instruction for both classic and skate ski technique. Loppet TRAIL KIDS is offered at three locations around the Twin cities ( Hyland, Wirth and Elm Creek) and offers trained level 100 CXC/USSA certified coaches.
Beginner to advanced skiers are split into ability and age coaching groups so that each youth is challenged appropriately. TRAIL KIDS sessions include technique drills, relays, games on skis, distance adventure skiing, ski orienteering and preparing for upcoming race events. The main focus is developing skills, having fun and falling in love with a lifetime sport!
Full Winter Loppet Program: The winter program meets twice a week for 13 weeks ( 26 weekly sessions and additional weekend sessions plus race support from December 6 – March 5 ending with Midwest Junior Championships.
Half Winter Program: Meets twice a week for nine weeks ( 18 sessions plus some weekend sessions and race support) from January 3 – March 5 ending with Midwest Junior Championships. The Half Winter program is a great option for those who cannot start in the earlier training program.
Both Winter Programs Include:
- 2016/17 CXC Youth Competitor Membership – The CXC Youth Competitor Membership provides access to entry-level scored CXC Youth Cup (U12 and U14) and Skiwerx Series (U10, U12, U14) competitions.
- Coaching and wax support at specific 2016-17 Skiwerx Series races.
- Wednesday Night Wirth Sprint MYSL Series.
- Additional weekend and holiday training sessions (dates TBD).
- Loppet TRAIL KIDS Race Hat (for first-year Loppet TRAIL KIDS only).
- Bi-weekly 1.5 hour coached training sessions focused on technique, ski drills, endurance, strength, speed, relays, games, and race tactics. Large focus is on developing skills, adventure and falling in love with a lifetime sport!
2016-17 Winter Loppet TRAIL KIDS Locations
Wirth Park, Minneapolis
- Session Times: 5:00 – 6:30 p.m. Tuesday/Thursday
- Location Meeting Spot: Wirth Main Chalet Parking lot
Hyland Lake Park, Bloomington
- Session Time: 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. Tuesday/Thursday
- Location Meeting Spot: Upper Parking lot just north of Jan’s place at Hyland Lake Park Three Rivers Nordic Trails. During winter break sessions may have to meet at Wirth Park due to Three Rivers Park Permit rules.
Full Winter TRAIL KIDS Program:
$415 by November 20 or $430 after.
Half Winter TRAIL KIDS Program:
$315 by December 1 or $330 after.