Anwatin Junior Loppet Team
The Anwatin Junior Loppet Team was the Loppet Foundation’s first middle school team. What began as a winter program in now a full fledged year round training program. As early as October, the team begins the fall months by roller skiing, hill bounding, doing balance drills and other ski related activities. Once the snow arrives, the team skis from their school doors straight onto the adjacent ski trails in Theodore Wirth Park.
The team practices three times a week throughout the winter in a season chock full of racing and supplements their schedule with ski camps and a weekend training trip to a cross-country ski lodge. Participants continue training in the spring and summer with an emphasis on roller skiing and mountain biking. Kids are encouraged to attend TRAIL KIDS summer workouts as well as Loppet Adventure Camps.
Anwatin Junior Loppet Team Evaluation Reports
Anwatin in the News
- A Busy Anwatin Team Worked Hard and Had Fun this Summer
- First Age Gap Relay Mountain Bike Adventure Race: A Great Success!
- Middle School Teams Enjoy Trip to Michigan’s Upper Peninsula
- All North Minneapolis Middle School Race at Farview Park Featured in North News
- Henry High School Rises
- Health Picture Brighter for Youth
- Anwatin Kids Play with Old Man Winter to Promote the Comcast Luminary Loppet