Girls Rock Summer Mountain Bike Program
The Loppet TRAIL KIDS Girls Rock Summer Mountain Bike Program desires to bring together girls ages 7 – 13 for adventures in the woods on single track mountain bike trails! The focus of the mountain bike program is to have FUN, meet other girlfriends who love to bike and build confidence riding the single track trails.
This session welcomes the beginner to advanced mountain biker. Coaches will split the girls into some age/ability groups depending on the size of registration. The main goal is for girls to get active outside through mountain biking! The summer program includes the summer TRAIL KIDS mountain bike series held at The Trailhead in Theodore Wirth Park.
The program is organized around the Loppet TRAIL KIDS mountain bike curriculum that builds upon previous skills learned. During practice sessions the youth will be coached by trained instructors on a variety of mountain bike skills so they can become safe and confident riders. Skills include:
- Ready/neutral position for descending hills
- Pedaling/shifting efficiently
- Controlling speed and braking safely
- Cornering confidently
- Handling obstacles and rocky terrain
- Riding with vision
- Racing/pacing skills
- Participants will be tested at the end of the session on different bike skills and will be able to move up in levels as they progress through the summer program.
Summer Fees Includes:
- 1.5 hour coaching sessions lead by Loppet BIC (Bike Instructor Certified) coaching staff.
- Summer TRAIL KIDS Shirts
- Adventure Mountain Bike Series (Those attending Elm Creek or Lebanon Hills can attend bike races or stay at location for practice session).
- Scholarships Available: Fee reductions available for those in financial need. Please inquire by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For TRAIL KIDS registration refund policy click here
Girls Rock Summer Session
All programs meet 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- Monday/Wednesday Session, ( Wirth location only)
- Dates: June 15 – July 29 (no sessions June 28 – July 4)
- Tuesday/Thursday Session ( Wirth, Lebanon and Elm Creek)
- Dates: June 16 – July 30 (no sessions June 28 – July 4)
- Adventure Mountain Bike Race Series Schedule
Cost: $215 or $245 after June 1
Program Age limit: Ages 7 – 13 girls beginner to advanced abilities welcome (we split into different coaching groups based on ability, gender and fitness). We do not have programs for kids 6 and under so please do not register them until they turn seven years old. If your child has good biking skills and is mature enough we may consider them to start early but you would have to email director at email@example.com before registering for full approval.
Registration/ability/equipment: All TRAIL KIDS who attend the program must be able to ride their bikes safely on paved paths. Bikes must have both front and back brakes on handle bar ( no back pedal brakes are allowed). Tires must have some aggressive tread in order to ride on dirt single track trails. When registering your child make sure to indicate their ability level as described below:
Beginner: New to mountain biking but can ride bike on paved trails. If you have never done a TRAIL KIDS program this will be a great level to start at.
Intermediate: Participant has been through at least one season of TRAIL KIDS mountain bike program and has passed the beginner level TRAIL KIDS curriculum skills. Is able to ride up hills on single track and safely descend down hills off of seat in the ready position with pedals level.
Intermediate/Advanced: Participant has been through at least 2-3 seasons of TRAIL KIDS mountain bike program and has also progressed in speed on cornering, climbing and descending on a variety of intermediate single track trails. Riders in this group have intermediate bike skills along with fitness to ride at a good pace.
Advanced/Race Focused: Participant has been through at least 3 or more seasons of TRAIL KIDS mountain bike program and is able to safely ride all advanced trails at a fast pace and is able to ride safely over rock gardens, obstacles and advanced single track trails using correct bike positions. Youth in this age category desire to race and improve their fitness and technical riding skills.