The Fall TRAIL KIDS Program offers fun outdoor active adventures for kids ages 7-13 years old. Coaches keep practice both challenging and fun for kids while also teaching important age developmental motor skills. Youth are split into ability/age/gender coaching groups (U10, U12, U14). Youth gain both fitness, strength and ski specific technique while also enjoying some adventures outdoors! Each session will be a mix of trail running/bounding, ultimate, orienteering, adventure races and rollerski/rollerblade sessions. The registration fee includes four adventure running races along with our fall celebration at Loppet Games Event!
At practice, youth will be challenged with the following activities:
- Agility and strength exercises to develop age appropriate motor skills
- Ski specific balance and technique drills to help prepare for winter
- Ski bounding/trail running to build endurance and power
- Orienteering skills and competition events
- Adventure Trail Race Series provides competition and fun adventures in the woods
- Games, relays, ultimate and soccer mixed in throughout the sessions.
Early Fall Session
- Date: September 3 – October 29 (no session MEA October 17 or 31)
- Cost: $300 or $320 after August 22 (includes 16 Tuesday/Thursday sessions, Adventure Run Race Series and Loppet Games Event)
Late Fall Session:
- Dates: October 1 – 29 (no practice on MEA break Oct 17)
- Cost: $165 or $190 after September 10 (cost includes 8 weekly sessions, Adventure Trail Running Series and Loppet Games Event)
TRAIL KIDS has a rollerblade rental program that includes skate ski poles as well for $15 extra. We do not rent rollerskis. We suggest all beginner skiers start on rollerblades. You can sign up to rent them at following link: Rollerblade Rental
Locations & Times
Early Fall Run/Orienteer Program: Wirth
Fee reductions are available for those in financial need. Please inquire with program director Kim Rudd at email@example.com for more information.