The Fall TRAIL KIDS Program offers fun outdoor active adventures for kids ages 7-13 years old. Coaches keep practice both challenging and fun for kids while also teaching important age developmental motor skills. Youth are split into ability/age/gender coaching groups (U10, U12, U14). Youth gain both fitness, strength and ski specific technique while also enjoying some adventures outdoors! Each session will be a mix of trail running, relays, strength/agility, ultimate Frisbee, orienteering and and will also include the adventure running race series. The registration fee includes four adventure running races along with our fall celebration at Loppet Games Event!
At practice, youth will be challenged with the following activities:
- Agility and strength exercises to develop age appropriate motor skills
- Ski specific balance and technique drills to help prepare for winter
- Orienteering skills
- Adventure Trail Race Series provides competition and fun adventures in the woods!
- Games, relays, ultimate and soccer mixed in throughout the sessions.
Early Fall 2020 Session
- Date: September 8 – October 29 (no session MEA October 15)
- Cost: $300 or $320 after August 16 (includes 15 Tuesday/Thursday sessions, Adventure Run Race Series and Loppet Games Event)
Late Fall 2020 Session:
- Dates: October 6 – 29 (no practice on MEA break Oct 15)
- Cost: $165 or $190 after September 13 (cost includes 7 weekly sessions, Adventure Trail Running Series and Loppet Games Event)
Locations & Times
Fee reductions are available for those in financial need. Please inquire with program director Kim Rudd at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.