TRAIL KIDS 2018 Nordic Ski Club Preseason Meeting and Wax/Equipment Clinic
When: Monday, November 5, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Where: The Trailhead
Who: For all current and new TRAIL KIDS participants and parents.
What: The TRAIL KIDS meeting will include:
- Information on the 2018-19 Winter TRAIL KIDS Program.
- Meet the 2018-19 TRAIL KIDS coaching staff.
- Wax clinic ( glide and kick wax demonstrations).
- TRAIL KIDS optional race suit and warm up fitting.
- Overview of 2018-19 youth race schedule.
- Tips for youth and parents for race day.
- Tips on dressing for the cold weather.
- Ski swap and ski equipment fitting tips- Bring your child’s equipment that they have outgrown and coaches will be there to fit kids for ski and pole sizing.
- 5:30 – 6:00 – Arrive early to drop off ski equipment for swap if needed.
- 6:00 – 6:30 – Kim Rudd, TRAIL KIDS Director
- Welcome and Introduce coaching staff
- Overview of TRAIL KIDS Nordic Program
- Overview of youth winter race series including the new T.K. Super Ski Series
- Prize drawings ( win some fun prizes donated by local ski shops)
- 6:30 – 7:00 – Clothing/Equipment
- Clothing tips
- Ski equipment needed and proper fitting
- 7:00- 7:30 p.m. – Float around to the various stations
- Basic glide and kick wax clinic
- Ski swap Arrive early if you are bringing items to swap. Have items labeled with selling price and your name
- TRAIL KIDS race suit/warm up fitting