TRAIL KIDS Super Ski Race Series
The TRAIL KIDS Super Ski Race Series is made up of four different unique youth race events at The Trailhead in Theodore Wirth Park. TRAIL KIDS is excited to partner with Gear West Ski Shop for the winter youth race series.
The races include a youth age class skate mass start race, mass start classic race, skate skicross race and age class relay race. The Race Series is open to all kids 7-14 years old. Youth accumulate points by placing in their age brackets for all four Super Ski Series Races. Top three places in each age group (U8, U10, U12, U14, U16) will be awarded after the last race event. The Race Series is included in all Loppet TRAIL KIDS Winter registration fee.
- December 20: Age Class skate mass start race
- January 10: Age Class Classic mass start race
- January 24: SkiCross Skate Race (obstacles and fun downhill slalom course)
- February 7: Age group sprint relay race.
Waxing service will be made available to TRAIL KIDS participants at practice the week before races, through our partners at Gear West. Learn more about their Nordic ski services here.
- 5:45 – 6:30: Race number pick up inside Trailhead and warm up in coaching groups.
- Ski Cross Race Schedule:
- U14 /U16 Boys/Girls – 6:30 – Every 15 seconds two youth start
- U12 Boys/Girls -6:40 – Every 15 seconds two youth start
- U8 – U10 Boys and girls – 6:50 -Every 15 seconds two youth start
- 7:00 – 7:30- Cool down ski in coaching groups.
- 7:30: Hot Cocoa and cookies followed by race awards and door prizes inside Trailhead Great Room.
Course: Start of race will be in upper stadium area and finish by Stadium 18. Course will be around 1 km in length. Parents can take the stairs behind Trailhead to access start area for spectating.
- $15 – Day of race registration
- $40 for full race series (4 race events).
- Free for all TRAIL KIDS Winter Program participants
Full Series Registration Closed
Race categories include U8, U10, U12, U14 and U16. Based on the child’s birth date they are placed in one of these categories based on the following classification:
Youth are given points for the place they finish at each race event for their age category.