2017 Loppet TRAIL KIDS Thanksgiving Ski Camp
For over 30 years, cross country skiers from across North America and around the world have traveled to West Yellowstone, Montana’s Yellowstone Ski Festival to begin their Nordic ski season on the Rendezvous Ski Trails. The Yellowstone Ski Festival takes place during Thanksgiving week.
Whether you are a beginning skier or an experienced racer, West Yellowstone is THE place to start your ski season. Each year, up to 3500 skiers from around the United States and Canada travel to West Yellowstone for the Yellowstone Ski Festival. Where else can you participate in ski clinics coached by former Olympic athletes and lifelong Nordic skiers, try out and purchase the latest ski gear and accessories, and share the Rendezvous Trails with so many great skiers? The Yellowstone Ski Festival offers all of that and more!
Loppet TRAIL KIDS Camp Information:
Date: November 20 – 24, 2017
Ages: 7 – 14
Location: West Yellowstone, Montana
- Meeting Place for both morning and afternoon sessions will be at the Biathlon Hut Area. Each day we will meet at biathlon range ski area to do some large group coaching skills followed by smaller ability ski groups lead by coaches/parent volunteers.
Session Meeting Times:
There will be a total of five coached sessions.
- Morning Sessions: 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)
- Thanksgiving Loppet Games – Thursday, November 23, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- Friday afternoon LNR/TRAIL KIDS 2-3 km downhill time trial.
- Afternoon parent/youth lead distance ski sessions offered Monday through Wednesday – 3:00 – 4:30 p.m. but they will not be coach lead.
The five, two-hour coached morning and afternoon sessions will include the following:
- Classic and skate ski technique (on snow video critique)
- Coach and parent volunteer lead workouts focused on learning how to use all techniques (V1, V2, V2 alternate, cornering, descending).
- Slow distance workouts with different level groups lead by coaches and volunteer parents.
- Thanksgiving Loppet Games – Thursday, November 23 (relays, games, and optional biathlon ski session).
- Friday LNR/ TRAIL KIDS downhill time trial.
- Parents are expected to volunteer one of the five days to help with coaching and age/ability ski workouts.
Cost: $115 or $130 after Nov 10th. Cost includes coaching sessions only (lodging, food and ski pass are not included in fee).
Ski Pass: Discounted ski passes can be purchased ahead of time through Oct. 31. Click here for more info
Lodging: Families are responsible for booking their own lodging. There are many options with a wide range of prices. Many of the TRAIL KIDS families stay at the World Mark Hotel which must be booked by a broker. Contact number you can call is: 877-629-9501
Cancellation Policy: If there is no snow in West Yellowstone we will cancel the ski camp and you will get a full refund. If camp is held and participants cancel there is no refund.
Registration: Email Director Kim Rudd if you would like to register at email@example.com