TRAIL KIDS Adventure Mountain Bike Series
The TRAIL KIDS Adventure Mountain bike races are designed specifically for kids 7-14 years. The race series offers a variety of race formats including single track, short track and relay events. Relay Events are generally on a shorter 1 mile single track loop. We have also added an additional Age Gap Relay event where kids can do a relay race with an adult/mentor that is at least 10 years older.
Where: All Mountain Bike Adventure Series events meet across from The Trailhead building at South parking lot for check-in and registration. Races will be held on a variety of mountain bike trails at Wirth.
When: Registration starts at 5:45 p.m. Participants will bike together with coaches to warm up on the race course. Race start is at 6:30 p.m.
- 6:00 – 6:30 p.m.: Registration and warm up on race course
- 6:30 p.m.: Beginner mass start race
- 7:45 p.m.: Intermediate/Advance mass start race
- 8:00 p.m.: Post race snacks and door prizes
Format: There will be mass start races, youth relay race and age gap relay ( done with adult and youth).
- $50 for full series. $60 after May 1.
- $10 per race (race day only)
- Entire race series is included in the TRAIL KIDS Summer Mountain Bike Program registration.
- There will be prize drawings after each race for all participants
Race Series Schedule:
Tuesday, June 28, 2019 – Mass start Race
Tuesday, June 11, 2019 – Mass start Race
Tuesday, June 25 – Youth Relay Race
Tuesday, July 16 – Mass Start Race
Tuesday, July 30 – Age Gap Relay
- Format: Age Gap Relay (adult/youth relay) – Youth will pair up with their parents or any adult that is 10 years older then them for a fun relay race event. Race will start with adult mass start, youth, adult and youth will finish the race. Following the race we will have a grill out celebration picnic outside the new Trailhead building!