Boys Spring Mountain Bike Program
This spring program for boys will focus on mountain biking skills for the beginner to advanced mountain biker. Boys ages 7-13 will explore the singletrack trails at Wirth Park while gaining skills that they can use for a lifetime!
At the end of the session, kids will have the opportunity to test drive the first adventure race in the summer Loppet TRAIL KIDS Mountain Bike Race Series.
During practice sessions, youth will be coached by trained Loppet BIC (Bike Instructor Certified) coaches on a variety of mountain bike skills so they can become safe and confident riders. Skills include:
- Ready/neutral position for descending hills
- Pedaling/shifting efficiently
- Controlling speed and braking safely
- Cornering confidently
- Handling obstacles and rocky terrain
- Riding with vision
- Racing/pacing skills
Participants will be tested at the end of the session on different bike skills and will be able to move up in levels as they progress through the summer program.
Spring Program Information:
- Where: The Trailhead (meet behind Trailhead building by skills course)
- Equipment Needed: Participants will need their own mountain bike, helmet, and water bottle carrier to participate. We do not provide mountain bike rentals.
- Scholarships Available: Fee reductions available for those in financial need. Please inquire by email with Todd Bauer at email@example.com.
- Ages/Ability: Ages 7 – 13 boys beginner to advanced abilities welcome (we split into different coaching groups based on ability, gender, and fitness). We do not have programs for kids 6 and under so please do not register them until they turn seven years old. If your child has good biking skills and is mature enough we may consider them to start early. To learn more email Todd Bauer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring Program Options: (Wirth location only)
Monday/Wednesday Wirth Spring Session:
- Dates: May 4 – June 10 (no session Memorial Day May 25)
- Session Days/Time: Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- Cost: $200 or 230 after April 20 (includes 11 practice sessions along with TRAIL KIDS t-shirt).
Tuesday/Thursday Wirth Spring Session:
- Dates: May 5 – June 11
- Session Days/Time: Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- Cost: $215 or 245 after April 20 (includes 12 practice sessions along with TRAIL KIDS t-shirt).