LCW Fat Bike Clinics 2020
Introduction to Fat Biking
When: To be announced in mid December
Where: Theodore Wirth Trailhead
- Meet in front of the wooden bridge.
Gear: Layers! Warm feet, ears, and fingers are key.
- Tire size 3.8 MINIMUM
- Water and a little snack encouraged
- HELMET REQUIRED
Fitness level: Moderate
- For active outdoor novices comfortable with regular exercise.
Skill level: Beginner
- This class is designed to accommodate everyone—no previous experience required. Learn basic skills and best practices for safety, comfort, and enjoyment.
Minimum age: 12
- Anyone under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. May not have bikes available for smaller sizes.
Group size: 6
Price: $35 (with NO bike rental)
$75 (full bike rental)
- Overall objective is to provide information important for riders to groomed fat bike trails
- Learn how to mount and dismount a fat bike, both in stationary and moving environments
- Learn the proper techniques of shifting, braking, hill climbing/descending, dabbing, cadence through snowy/sandy conditions, and cornering in snowy/sandy conditions
- Learn proper Trail etiquette (LNT) and risk management
- Find local areas where you can begin to build your skills as a fat biker
- Finish with a ride on the Loppet Trails
Experience the thrill of fat biking with enthusiastic and knowledgeable instructors! We’ll start by addressing proper bike fit and appropriate tire pressure based on conditions. Next we’ll demonstrate riding techniques specific to fat biking, including body and pedal position, shifting, braking, climbing, descending, and basic cornering. We’ll also go over important communication skills and mountain biking trail etiquette. Don’t have a bike? We’ll can provide rental of fat bikes for participants at an additional charge. Recommended for those 12 and older; those under 12 must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org