Loppet Sport Programming is under way for Fall 2021
The days are starting to get shorter and hopefully cool weather is on its way soon, but Theodore Wirth Park is as busy as ever with fall programming and events for mountain biking, running, skiing, and more!
Information on upcoming programs and events is listed below, so you and your family can become more involved with the Loppet this season. When you register for any program or event, you also have the option to donate or become a Loppet member – both of which support our mission and help create inclusive opportunities for all people to enjoy outdoor activities.
Community Round-Up & Reflections
- Red Bull Urban Portage (August 28): Join the Loppet and Red Bull for a unique marathon and half-marathon distance paddle and portage event on the Mississippi River. The race is open to all competitors age 18 or older, in four different canoe/kayak categories: men (solo/tandem), women (solo/tandem), mixed (tandem), and relay (2-4 people). The first to cross the finish line will be the Red Bull Urban Portage champion in each respective category. Cash prizes up to $1000 will be awarded to first place finishers. Registration closes Thursday, August 26th!
- Loppet Field Day & Surly Brewing Co. Trail Loppet (September 18-19): Our most popular trail running event of the season, the Surly Brewing Co. Trail Loppet on Sunday, September 19 is a day of rugged, urban trail running in Minneapolis’s largest regional park. The Half Marathon and Half-Half (6-8 miles) races in Theodore Wirth Park are the ultimate urban trail running experience, and all participants will be greeted after the race with music and a free Surly Brewing Co. beer (with a valid ID). New this year, the Loppet Field Day on Saturday, September 18 is a fun-filled day of both competitive and non-competitive events for all ages and abilities, starting with a timed 5K trail run/walk and followed by an untimed 1 mile and 0.5 mile trail run before concluding with a variety of fun “trail and field” games and challenges.
- Loopet Loppet (October 10): Come for one loop or come for twenty. Come solo or come with up to a team of four. Run or walk. The Loopet Loppet is the perfect chance at the end of the season to test how far you can run/walk by giving you 6 or 12 hours to run as many loops as possible around a 5 mile loop on the singletrack trails near The Trailhead at Theodore Wirth Park. At the end of each loop, a fully stocked ultramarathon aid station awaits and prizes will be given throughout the day to participants still on the course.
Fall program registrations are now open. See the below for a list of every program offered by each area of Loppet Sport.
Trailhead Studio Classes – Adults
- Fall Strength for Endurance Athletes: The Trailhead (Theodore Wirth Park), Thursday Mornings.
- Fall Yoga with Christine Aas Larson: The Trailhead (Theodore Wirth Park), Wednesday Mornings.
Loppet Run 365 – Adults
Running training for runners 18+ years old.
- LR365 Fall Adult Run Club (English Language): Sept 11 – October 30.
- LR365 Adult Run Club (Somali Language): Sept 3 – October 31.
Loppet Run 365 – Juniors
Running training for runners 12 – 19 years old.
Loppet Cycle Works – Adults
Mountain bike training for bikers 18+ years old.
- LCW Trail Adults Session 3: August 23 – October 1. Monday/Wednesday and Tuesday/Thursday options.
- LCW Advanced Skills Clinics: Sept 25-26. Juniors (13+) and adults.
- LCW Adults Fundamental Skills Clinics: September and October offerings.
Loppet Cycle Works – Juniors
Mountain bike training for bikers 14-18 years old.
Loppet Ski Club
Loppet Nordic Racing – Adults
Nordic ski training for skiers 18+ years old interested becoming better racers.
- LNR Fall Dryland Training: Theodore Wirth Park, Tuesday Evenings.
- LNR Women’s Fall Dryland Training: Theodore Wirth Park, Wednesday Mornings.
- LNR Fall Intermediate Rollerski Training: Annie Young Meadow Park, Thursday Evenings.
- LNR Fall Intermediate Rollerski Training: East Bush Lake Park, Friday Mornings.
- LNR Fall “Wave 1” Rollerski Training: Annie Young Meadow Park, Thursday Mornings.
- LNR TOAST: Training for intermediate and advanced skiers ages 21–29.
Loppet Nordic Racing – Juniors
Nordic ski training for skiers 14-18 years old interested in becoming better racers.
- LNR On-Snow Fall Training Camp: Thanksgiving Break trip for Comp/Devo Team skiers.
- LNR MEA Break Camp: Comp/Devo Team training in Cable, WI.