Loppet Sport programming is under way with Winter 2020-21 registration
We have compiled a list of all our winter training opportunities available to you through our many Loppet Sport programs, which will help keep you outside and active all winter long. We are so excited for the snow and all the fun exercise opportunities that come with it! Buy your ski trail pass now and sign up for one of our training programs or events this winter.
Due to COVID-19, our training programs have been filling much quicker than usual, so please plan accordingly. COVID-19 safety updates will continue to be made on our website.
- Pre-Loppet. Jan 17, 2021.
- City of Lakes Loppet Winter Festival & Luminary Loppet. Feb 5–7, 2021.
Winter program registrations are now open. See the below for a list of every program offered by each area of Loppet Sport.
Loppet Adventure Camp
Seasonal day camps for youth ages 7-13. All equipment provided, no prior experience necessary!
- Loppet Ski Camp. January 16 – 18th, 2021 (9am – 4pm).
Loppet Nordic Racing – Adults
Nordic Ski Training for skiers 18+ years old interested becoming better racers.
Three-Week Ski Skills Clinics:
- Beginning Skate. Dec 5, 12, 19.
- Beginning Classic. Dec 6, 13, 20.
- Intermediate Skate. Jan 9, 16, 23.
- Intermediate Classic. Jan 10, 17, 24.
Beginner/ Intermediate Adult Ski Training:
- Gung-Ho Beginners Skate. Monday Nights.
- Gung-Ho Beginners Classic. Wednesday Mornings.
- Beginner/Intermediate Racing Skate. Friday Mornings.
- Beginner/Intermediate Racing Skate. Tuesday Mornings.
- Beginner/Intermediate Racing Skate. Tuesday Nights.
- Intermediate Skate. Tuesday Mornings.
- Intermediate Skate. Hyland, Wednesday Mornings.
- Intermediate Skate. Wirth, Wednesday Mornings.
- Intermediate Skate. Wednesday Nights.
- Intermediate Skate. Thursday Mornings.
- Intermediate Skate. Thursday Nights.
- Intermediate Classic. Wednesday Nights.
- Intermediate/Advanced Classic. Thursday Mornings.
- Women’s Wednesday Warriors: Intermediate/Advanced Skate and Classic. Wednesday Mornings.
- Women’s Wednesday Warriors: Technique and Fitness Training. Wednesday Mornings.
Advanced Adult Ski Training:
Other Adult Programs:
- Winter Strength for Endurance Athletes. Thursday Mornings. Virtual Option.
- Training for Skiers in their 20s. Tuesday & Thursday Nights.
Loppet Nordic Racing – Juniors
Nordic ski training for skiers 14-18 years old interested in becoming better racers.
Loppet Cycle Works
- LCW Juniors Strength. Monday/Wednesday nights, Saturday mornings.
- LCW Juniors Strength. Tuesday/Thursday nights, Saturday mornings.
- LCW Juniors Strength. Tuesday, Thursday nights.
- LCW Juniors Strength. Monday nights.
- LCW Juniors Strength. Wednesday nights.
- LCW Juniors Strength. Wednesday afternoons.
Loppet Run 365
Winter schedule will be announced on the LR365 website soon.
Loppet TRAIL KIDS
Nordic skiing, mountain biking, and running/orienteering programs for youth 7-13 years old.
2020/2021 Winter Registration is full. Please click here to be added to our waitlist to be contacted in the event we open more programs.
Loppet Ski Club
Nordic Ski Training for skiers ages 18+ interested in recreational skiing.
All Loppet Ski Club 2020/21 Fall and Winter programs are FULL. There is a waiting list available.
- Congratulations to LR365 Competition Team member Alden Keller who won the Section 4A Cross Country meet. There was no state meet held this year due to COVID-19.
- Two hundred children participated in the final TRAIL KIDS Adventure Running Race of the fall in groups of 15 kids. This is unique from the mass starts the event has had in past years.
- Everyone in the LR365 Adult Somali Language Running Program reached their 10:10:10 goal of running either a full 10K or 10 miles on Oct 10.
- Loppet Sport 2020 Recap and look ahead to 2021.
- TRAIL KIDS Grows the Sport of Orienteering.
- TRAIL KIDS Family of the Month honor goes to the Yore family.
- The state passed a Battle Creek Winter Recreation Area Update which allocated $1.8 million for a nordic ski maintenance building and a place of recognition for Olympic gold medalist Jessie Diggins.
- Northeast Middle School Junior Loppet Team is looking for more coaches! We are a fun group focused on getting kids outside and active year-round. Activities include running, canoeing, mountain biking, and nordic skiing. Experience with these is preferred but not required. Practices on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:30 to 6:30pm. Please email Alissa (email@example.com) if you are interested!