Beginner Racing Skate – Hyland, Friday Mornings
Learn the basic elements of skate skiing including balance, technique and form. This is a learning to race class, so some very basic skiing experience is needed, and a moderate level of physical fitness is required. Athletes will learn the three skate techniques including V-1, V-2 and open field. Learn to skate in a small group setting where coaches can help athletes learn at their own pace. If you are looking for a beginning skate class that is not oriented to racing, you can check out Loppet Ski Club programs under Loppet Adventures.
Emphasis on learning technique. Each session will also include a training component to help you prepare your technique and your ski-specific fitness.
- Dates: December 14 – February 22 (No Class week of 12/24)
- Day: Friday Mornings
- Time: 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Location: Hyland, Jan’s Place
- Equipment: skate skiing equipment
- Coach: Mary McKelvey (email@example.com)
- Cost: $270 or $295 after November 20