TRAIL KIDS Super Ski Race Series
Ski Race Series for Kids Age 7-14
The TRAIL KIDS Super Ski Race Series is made up of four different unique youth race events at The Trailhead in Theodore Wirth Park. TRAIL KIDS is excited to partner with Gear West Ski Shop for the winter youth race series.
The races include a youth age class skate mass start, mass start classic, skate skicross and age class relay. The race series is open to all kids 7-14 years old. Youth accumulate points by placing in their age brackets for all four Super Ski Series Races. Top three places in each age group (U8, U10, U12, U14, U16) will be awarded after the last race event.
The race series is included with the Loppet TRAIL KIDS Winter Program registration fee.
2020 Race Dates:
- January 9: Age Class classic mass start race
- January 30: Age Gap classic Relay Race ( part of Loppet Festival events). This is done as adult/youth relay.
- February 27: Ski Cross Skate Race
- March 5 : Age Class skate mass start race
Waxing service will be made available to TRAIL KIDS participants at practice the week before races, through our partners at Gear West. Learn more about their Nordic ski services here.
- March 7: Super Ski Series classic age class mass start race
- 5:45 – 6:15: Check into coaching groups for race bib and ankle chips
- 6:30 – U8-U10 Boys/Girls – 1 km loop
- 6:35 – U12 Boys/Girls: – 2 loops of 1 km
- 6:40 – U14/U16 Boys/Girls:3 loops of 1 km
- After each race finishes coaches will gather their group members and do a cool down ski and some fun ski games in lower stadium until 7:30 p.m.
- 7:30 p.m – snacks, hot chocolate and door prizes from GearWest
Course: Start of race will be in upper stadium area and finish down by lower stadium at timing building. Course will be around 1.5 km in length. Parents can take the stairs behind Trailhead to access start area for spectating if desired.
- Day-of Race Registration: $15
- Full Race Series (4 race events): $40
- Free for all TRAIL KIDS Winter Program participants
Series Registration Coming Soon!
Race categories include U8, U10, U12, U14 and U16. Based on the child’s birth date they are placed in one of these categories based on the following classification:
Youth are given points for the place they finish at each race event for their age category.
2019 Results, Standings & Photos
- 2019 TRAIL KIDS Super Ski Race Series Standings
Last Updated: March 15, 2019
- Race #1: December 20 – Age Class Skate Mass Start Race
- Race #2: January 10 – Age Class Classic Mass Start Race
- Race #3: February 28 – SkiCross Skate Race
- Race #4: March 7 – Age Group Mass Start Race
- Race #1: December 20 – Age Class Skate Mass Start Race Photos