Parallel 45 Cup - Skate Ski Distance
Saturday, March 14: 3:00 – 4:30 pm
The Trailhead, 1221 Theodore Wirth Pkwy
An open 7.5K freestyle race for men and women, focused on the Midwest’s Collegiate Club/NCAA ski teams and their alumni and university staff. The event is open to all skiers.
Spectating is free and open to the public.
|Event||Starting Oct 17, 2019||Starting Oct 31, 2019||Starting Feb 6, 2020||Starting Mar 10, 2020||Registration close|
|FP45 Cup: Skate Distance||$20||$25||$30||$40||Day-of registration available|
Proceeds from the FP45 Cup: Skate Distance Race benefit the Loppet Foundation. Learn more about the Foundation's mission, vision, and values.
Registration and transaction fees are nonrefundable, including in the event of cancellation. Registration is not transferable to another person or another event for any reason, including injury. Competing under another person’s name will result in disqualification.
Saturday, March 14th
- 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm – Packet Pick-up for all Saturday adult participant events in the Great Hall of The Trailhead
- 3:00 pm – Race Start in the Lower Stadium
The course will include parts of the World Cup course and the Green Meadow Loop on the trails in Theodore Wirth Park.
The course will follow the black course on the map below. Click on the black line to see the entire course.
Stay tuned to our Trail Conditions page to be the first to learn if conditions-based event adjustments must be made.
Logistics & Transportation
- Women’s 7.5km: Female NCAA skiers, collegiate club skiers, and their alumni will race together (along with citizen racers unaffiliated with a college program).
- Men’s 7.5km: Male NCAA skiers, collegiate club skiers, and their alumni will race together (along with citizen racers unaffiliated with a college program).
Depending on the number of racers, the last two waves may start together.
Parking & Transportation
The Top 3 Overall Male and Female racers will be given awards, regardless of race category.
Awards will also be given to the Top 3 males and females in the following categories:
- Current College NCAA skiers
- Current College Club skiers
- Open (College alumni, university staff, unaffiliated)
The top male and female ski teams in the following categories will recognized:
- College NCAA Teams
- College Club Teams
College alumni and university staff will count towards team point totals earned by their alma maters, so get those old race suits out of retirement!