The TRAIL KIDS Adventure Mountain bike races are designed specifically for kids 7-13 years. The race series offers a variety of race formats including single track, short track and relay events. Relay Events are generally on a shorter 1 mile single track loop. We have also added an additional Age Gap Relay event where kids can do a relay race with an adult/mentor that is at least 10 years older.
Where: All Mountain Bike Adventure Series events meet across from The Trailhead building at South parking lot for check-in and registration. Races will be held on a variety of mountain bike trails at Wirth.
When: Registration starts at 5:45 p.m. Participants will bike together with coaches to warm up on the race course. Race start is at 6:30 p.m.
- 5:45 – 6:15 pm: Registration and warm up on race course
- 6:15 – 6:45 pm: Warm up on race course with team coaches.
- 6:45 – 7:15 pm: Mass start race for youth relay race ( all first leg of relay team starts together then relay partners do a lap, then first leg relay then second person finishes the race with a total of 4 laps.
- 7:15 – 7:30 pm: Cool down lap on race course and skills course
- 7:30 pm: Post race snacks, awards and door prizes
- Intermediate/Advance mass start race ( 3 mile green/blue intermediate course on Area 36)
- Beginner mass start race ( 1 mile green beginner course on Area 36 Trail) All relay race courses will be held on beginner loop with each relay partner doing 2 laps and total of 4 laps combined for each relay team.
Format: There will be mass start races, youth relay race and age gap relay ( done with adult and youth).
The race series is free to all TRAIL KIDS summer session participants but we would like parents to sign up their kids online for the Age Gap Relay race to indicate what adult they will be racing with or if they need a relay race partner. Sign up at below link with free code: TKAGEGAP19
- $50 for full series. $60 after June 3.
- $15 per race (race day only)
- Entire race series is included in the TRAIL KIDS Summer Mountain Bike Program registration.
- There will be prize drawings after each race for all participants
Race Series Schedule
- Monday, June 10 – Mass start race
- Tuesday, June 25 – Youth Relay Race
- Monday, July 15 – Mass start race
- Tuesday, July 30 – Age Gap Relay and end of season grill out!
Age Gap Relay Format: Age Gap Relay (adult/youth relay) – Youth will pair up with their parents or any adult that is 10 years older then them for a fun relay race event. Race will start with adult mass start, youth, adult and youth will finish the race. Following the race we will have a grill out celebration picnic outside the new Trailhead building!
2019 Race Results
- 2019 Series Race Results
- 2019 Race Photo Links
2018 Race Results
- June 12 Beginner Race – Trailhead 36
- June 12 Intermediate/Advanced Race – Trailhead 36
- June 28 Youth Relay Race – Trailhead 36 and Widow Maker single track course
- July 17 Individual race – Trailhead 36 2.5 mile loop
- July 31 Age Gap Relay Race – Widow Maker loop
- July 31 Age Gap Photos
2017 Race Results
- Age group winners from Adventure Race Series Results below
- Race #4, July 11, Tornado Alley Age Gap Relay Race Results
- Race #3, June 27, Glenwood Spur Loop Team Relay Race Results
- Race #2, June 14 – Tornado Alley Mass Start two laps ( 2 mile) Results
- Race #1 , May 31 – Back 40 single and double track race results
2016 Race Results
June 29th Relay Race at Glenwood Spur Loop ( 2 laps each relay partner)
June 15, 2016 Tornado Alley 1 mile Loop of paved, ski trail and single track course.
May 25th, 2016 Tornado Alley 1 mile loop of paved, ski trail and single track course
2015 Race Results
- Overall Series Point Standings
- Race 6: August 5, 2015 Age Gap Relay, Wirth Beach
- Race 5: July 29, 2015 Tornado Alley course
- Race 4: July 15, 2015 Short Track Sprint Relay
- Race 3: June 24, 2015 Luce Line Single Track trails
- Race 2: June 10, 2015 Glenwood Spur Trail
- Race 1: May 27, 2015 Short Track Grass Race by Glenwood Spur Trail – ( some kids may have not done all 10 laps so keep this in mind for results)
2014 Race Results
- Race 1: May 28 Single Track 1 and 2 mile race on Glenwood spur Trail
- Race 2: Jun 11 Theodore Wirth Park
- Race 3: Jun 25 Theodore Wirth Park
- Race 4: Jul 23 Theodore Wirth Park
- Race 5: Jul 30 Theodore Wirth Park
- Race 6: Aug 13 Theodore Wirth Park