Loppet Ski Club
Take your skill and enjoyment of skiing to new heights!
The Loppet Ski Club is a community of lifelong skiers who gather year round to the life-long enjoyment of outdoors with a focus on the trails. Loppet Ski Club is designed for the person who is interested in developing as a competent and confident recreational skier. Many who join the club are skiing for the first time, perhaps getting interested through their kids that have started skiing, cyclists, and runners that want to keep it going year round or are simply trying to find a way to love winter in Minnesota. Others have been long-time skiers but have never had a lesson or training program.
Regardless of motivations and experience – ALL ARE WELCOME !!!
Every session involves training and self-care tips, quality coaching, skills development, skiing, and community. Coaches will cover clothing and equipment, waxing and event preparation. Loppet Ski club will also include special sessions taught by “celebrity” coaches and special educational lectures.
Come ski with us, we won’t judge you.
Join our Facebook group for updates, social activities, and other opportunities!
Loppet Ski Club Winter 2018/19
The Ski Club’s Winter Session will begin on Monday, November 5, 2018, and run through Monday, February 11, 2019. The week-to-week schedule of topics and places may change based on snow and weather conditions.
- Session Dates:
- November 5, 2018 – February 11, 2019
- Mondays: 6:30pm – 8:30pm, Theodore Wirth Chalet
- Saturdays:9:00 am – 11:00 am, Locations Vary (generally Hyland Park downhill area or Theodore Wirth Park, exact locations are announced at the prior Monday session)
- Session Focus:
- Monday evenings will be focused on building a base of ski technique and will include technique drills, (pole hike and for those who are interested in early season), some conditioning exercises.
- Saturday morning sessions will be focused on building a fitness base for skiing.
- Registration Fee:
- $120 for Loppet members
- $140 for non-members
Thanksgiving Weekend Ski Trip:
Can’t get to West Yellowstone but want to be knee-deep in snow? Join the Loppet Ski Club on a trip to the ABR Trails in Ironwood, MI. Great trip for the advanced, the beginner and everyone in between, providing lots of early-season opportunity to hone your skills.
- Dates: Friday, Nov. 23- Sunday, Nov. 25
- Time: Leave in the morning on Friday; return by 6 p.m. on Sunday
- Cost: $40 per night hotel at the Comfort Inn Ironwood (double occupancy); ski pass is $27 for the weekend. Transportation is $20 if you want to join the crew in the Loppet van.
- RSVP: Email email@example.com or call 612.875.7803
Loppet Ski Club Fall Dryland 2018
Multiple facilitators lead technique-focused workouts. In fall dry-land training coaches will introduce you to off-season training for the recreational skier. The goal is to help you use the off-season to achieve your goals for the upcoming season. We will map out a 5-week program that will have you tuned-up and ready to ski effectively for the whole season. We will offer a balanced, progressive workout that increases in intensity. You will be introduced to ski-specific pole hiking vs Nordic walking or walking with ski poles. Each workout will include ski-specific pole hiking and exercises for balance and strength. One of the keys to training is the use of interval training and movements to build core, and poling and push strength. Skate and classic skiers will train side by side. Join us and have the best ski-season ever. Appropriate for both beginners and advanced skiers as well as outdoor athletes that are looking for a great fall training routine. We will offer workouts on Monday, Thursday, and Saturday. Monday/Wednesday night 6:30 – 8:00 and Saturdays 9:00am – 11:00 am
5 weeks. October 1 – November 3. It’s October, the leaves are changing, we may have had our first frost.
It’s time to get ready for the ski season. Get a jump start on the season
with one, two or three sessions led by experienced Loppet ski club coaches.
- Technique and fitness. Monday nights 6:30 – 8:00. Meet at The Trailhead and bring cross country ski poles and headlamps.
- Balance, flexibility, and strength – Wednesday 6:30 – 8:00. Meet at The Trailhead. No equipment required.
- Dynamic power and endurance. Saturday 9:00 – 11:00. Meet at The Trailhead and bring cross country ski poles.
“Try-it-out” October! Try a Loppet Ski Club Dryland training session for free October in the month of October Dates: October 1, October 6, October 8
- Starts: October 1
- Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Location: The Trailhead – 1221 Theodore Wirth Pkway.
- $90 for Loppet members,
- $100 for non-members
Reduced registration is offered to members of the Loppet Foundation only (use discount code LoppetMember18). Registrants will be cross-referenced with membership records to ensure valid use of this discount code. Click here to learn more about Loppet Foundation membership!