Race Series Schedule, Results and Photos
Winter Loppet TRAIL KIDS Race Schedule
- Race Schedule PDF
- Midwest Junior Championship, March 2-4
- Central Youth Race Series Flyer
- CXC Youth Cup Information
- Skiwerx Series Information
- Hoigaard’s/MYSL Team Sprint Series
USSA Age Classification: Youth are given points for the place they finish at each race event for their age category.It is based on their birth date.
Loppet race event discount code for all TRAIL KIDS – All Loppet TRAIL KIDS get a 20% off discount by using the discount code (TRAILKIDSROCK) for below Loppet events –
Saturday, Jan. 27 Youth Race Events:
- Ski-O-Loppet, 1 p.m.
- Rossignol Junior Loppet, 3 p.m.
- Minne-Loppet, 4 p.m. ( great event for beginner skiers)
- Age Gap Relay, 5 p.m.
- Finn Sisu Classic and Skate Sprints (January 30 and 31, 2018)
- Relay will be 3 X .5 km and partners
- When you register you can suggest relay partner in your same age group or they will pair you with the another youth in same age category ( U10,U12,U14 ).
- There will be a rock band playing at one end of the course and the Birkie bridge that kids will ski over in the middle of Nicollet mall. Finn Sisu Sprints will be happening under the lights and over the bridge along Nicollet Mall. You can also enjoy tubing, a fat bike parade, and more throughout the week — all part of our partnership with Super Bowl LIVE.
- Tuesday – Classic – 6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday – Skate – 6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Loppet Luminary Event, Feb. 3 – For those families who have never done the Loppet Luminary it is a bucket list event that you need to do. The even is on Saturday, Feb. 3. For more info see the following link Loppet Luminary
Registration Tips for TRAIL KIDS parents:
- Your TRAIL KIDS Winter Registration fee includes the 2017/18 CXC/Skiwerx Youth Competitor Membership
This membership provides access to entry-level scored CXC Youth Cup (U12 and U14) and Skiwerx Series. Parents still need to register their youth for individual races online.
- Register online prior to all Skiwerx and CXC Youth Cup race events (All CXC-run race events have deadlines of the Tuesday before the event). There are some races you can register day of event but not recommended.
- All Wednesday Night Sprint Hoigaards Series are included in fee..
Register day of event or r.s.v.p. if possible the Tuesday before race on the Hoigaards/MYSL Sprint) Relay registration google spreadsheet that I will share with all by email.
- This year we would like to see all TRAIL KIDS participate in the Midwest Junior Championship and Festival events so we have included two races listed below in our registration fee. Coaches will email you the free code to register online! Simply use the following 100% off code called ( TRAILKIDSRACEMWJC ) for the following Midwest Junior Championship race events:
- Saturday, March 5, 2018 / Minneapolis (MN)* – Fee covered by TRAIL KIDS
- Classic Individual Start, Midwest Junior Championships and Festival
- Sunday, March 6, 2018 / Minneapolis (MN)* – Fee covered by TRAIL KIDS
- Mass Start, Midwest Junior Championships and Festival
Beginner Entry Level Relay Race:
Hoigaard’s and the Minnesota Youth Ski League invites you to Theodore Wirth Park for the 2018 Team Sprint Series. These relay races are included in the TRAIL KIDS winter registration fee. This informal weeknight night race series is based on two-person relays with a different format each week. Bring a partner or sign up to be matched with a skier of similar ability. This is a great format for new racers. Races start the first week in January on Wednesday evenings at 6:00 p.m. at Wirth Chalet.
Beginner/Intermediate Races: Ages U10 – U14
The Skiwerx Series presented by Fast Wax features 8 Twin Cities metro area races throughout the ski season. The Skiwerx Cup finishes with the Midwest Junior Championships, a two-day festival just for kids. Skiwerx Series age groups U10,U12,U14 will receive age class awards based on points that are earned from your best four races.
Intermediate to Advanced Race Events: Ages U12/U14
ABOUT CXC YOUTH CUP – Developed in cooperation of with the Minnesota Youth Ski League and cross-country ski coaches from Wisconsin and Minnesota, the CXC Youth Cup will begin its second season this winter to promote health and fitness in youth across the Midwest. The CXC Youth Cup offers athletes ages 10-13 (U12 and U14 age categories) an opportunity to experience and explore the excitement of travel, friendship, and competition associated with CXC/USSA events and races.