2017 Summer TRAIL KIDS Mountain Bike Team
The summer TRAIL KIDS mountain sessions will include instruction in small ability/gender groups for both the beginner to advanced mountain biker. Youth ages 7-14 will enjoy learning new mountain bike skills and will ride on a variety of trails at both locations of Wirth Park and Elm Creek Park. The summer program includes the Adventure Mountain Bike Race Series held at Wirth Park.
During practice sessions the youth will be coached by trained instructors on a variety of mountain bike skills so they can become safe and confident riders. Skills include: learning the attack position, pedaling/shifting efficiently, controlling speed, cornering confidently, handling obstacles, riding with vision and racing/pacing skills.
Session Information and Schedule:
Summer Program Locations:
- Wirth TRAIL KIDS Mountain Bike Team: Wirth Beach Parking Lot
- Elm Creek TRAIL KIDS Mountain Bike Team: Elm Creek Park Mountain Bike Parking Lot
Summer Session Dates:
Practice sessions meet Tuesday/ Thursdays and races meet on Wednesday evenings.
- June Session Dates: June 6 – 29
- July Session Dates: July 11 – 27
- Adventure Mountain Bike Race Series Schedule
- Wirth location: 5:00 – 6:30 p.m.
- Elm creek location: 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- June Trail Kids Mountain Bike Session: $160 or $175 after May 20 (8 sessions and 2 races)
- July Trail Kids Mountain Bike Session: $115 or $130 after June 20 (6 sessions and one race)
- Both June and July Trail Kids Sessions discounted rate: $240 or $300 after May 20 (14 sessions and 3 races)
Summer Fees Includes:
- Coached practice sessions
- Summer Trail Kids Shirts
- Adventure Mountain Bike Series
- Coaching at various optional travel races ( Thursday night Buck Hill Youth races, Elm Creek race series and Minnesota Mountain Bike Series
- Scholarships Available: Fee reductions available for those in financial need. Please inquire with program director Kim Rudd at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Test Drive Sessions:
If your son or daughter would like to test drive one of the Trail Kids mountain bike sessions please fill out the above waiver form along with the name of your child, age and emergency contact cell phone and email Kim Rudd at email@example.com. You can also bring waiver form to the session and hand in to coach.