2017 Spring TRAIL KIDS Mountain Bike Program
The Spring session will focus on mountain biking skills for the beginner to advanced biker. The program allows kids to explore the many single track trails at Wirth Park and Elm creek while also providing them with some bike skills that they can use for a lifetime! At the end of the session kids will have the opportunity to test drive the first Adventure race in the summer Loppet TRAIL KIDS Mountain Bike Race Series.
During practice, kids will be coached on the following bike skills: Attack position, pedaling efficiently, controlling of speed,cornering confidently, handling any terrain,riding with vision, racing and pacing skills.
Spring Session Schedule:
- Ages/Ability: Ages 7 – 14, beginner to advanced abilities welcome (we split into different coaching groups)
- Dates: May 9 – June 1 meeting Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5:00 – 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Wirth Beach Parking lot (meet by TRAIL KIDS flutter flag)
- Cost: $150 or $165 after April 24 (includes 8 practice sessions and one adventure race along with TRAIL KIDS t-shirt.
- Equipment Needed: Participants will need their own mountain bike, helmet and water bottle carrier to participate.
- Questions: Email Kim Rudd at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scholarships available on a need basis. Contact Kim Rudd at email@example.com for more information.
- Spring LNR Women’s Intro to Mountain Bike -We are offering a women’s mountain bike session during the same time period as the spring TRAIL KIDS Program. Special 15% off for all TRAIL KIDS parents. Use the following discount code and register now online: TRAILKIDSSPECIAL