2018 Spring TRAIL KIDS Mountain Bike Program
The Spring session will focus on mountain biking skills for the beginner to advanced mountain biker. The program allows girl and boys ages 7-14 to explore the many single track trails at Wirth Park while also providing them with some bike skills that they can use for a lifetime! At the end of the session kids will have the opportunity to test drive the first Adventure race in the summer Loppet TRAIL KIDS Mountain Bike Race Series.
During practice, kids will be coached on the following bike skills: Attack position, pedaling efficiently, controlling of speed, cornering confidently, handling any terrain, riding with vision, racing and pacing skills.
Spring Session Schedule:
- Ages/Ability: Ages 7 – 14, beginner to advanced abilities welcome (we split into different coaching groups based on ability, gender and fitness)
- Dates: May 8 – May 31
- Session Days/Time – Tuesday /Thursday evenings from 5:30- 7:00 p.m.
- Where: Wirth Trail Head (meet by TRAIL KIDS flutter flag)
- Cost: $150 or $165 after April 24 (includes 8 practice sessions and one adventure race along with TRAIL KIDS t-shirt.
- Equipment Needed: Participants will need their own mountain bike, helmet and water bottle carrier to participate.
- Questions: Email Kim Rudd at email@example.com
- Scholarships available on a need basis. Contact Kim Rudd at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Registration link coming soon!