Girls Mountain Bike Clinic – Sunday, April 29 2018
This session is for beginner to the advanced girl mountain bike riders ages 7-14 years old. Moms are also welcome to join in at the clinic but kids can come on their own as well.
The goal of the clinic is to empower girls through the sport of mountain biking, emphasize the importance of goal-setting, promote healthy lifestyles and recognize the positive effects of strong female bonds.
The girls and moms clinic will include the following:
- Safety bike check
- Mountain bike skills
- Riding wirth single track trails
- Local women’s mountain bike star speaker and snacks
The youth will get a chance to learn new mountain bike skills that include:
- Attack position
- Pedaling efficiently
- Control of speed
- Cornering confidently
- Handling any terrain
- Riding with vision
- When: Sunday, April 29 ( May 6 for backup rain date)
- Time: 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Where: Wirth Park Trail Head Building
- Who: Girls ages 7-14
- Equipment: Your own mountain bike, helmet and water bottle. There will be limited bike rental registrations so make sure to sign up early and email Kim Rudd to reserve your bike.
- Cost: $10
- Questions: Contact Kim Rudd at email@example.com
Registration link coming soon!