Fall TRAIL KIDS Programs
The Fall TRAIL KIDS Program offers fun outdoor active adventures for kids ages 7-14 years old. Coaches keep practice both challenging and fun for kids while also teaching important age developmental motor skills. Youth gain both fitness, strength and ski specific technique while also enjoying some adventures outdoors! Each session will be a mix of trail running/bounding, ultimate, orienteering, adventure races and rollerski/rollerblade sessions.
New this fall we will be offering a mountain bike program that meets Sunday afternoons at various parks in the Metro Area.
At practice, youth will be challenged with the following activities:
- Agility and strength exercises to develop age appropriate motor skills
- Ski specific balance and technique drills to help prepare for winter
- Ski bounding/trail running to build endurance and power
- Orienteering skills and competition events
- Adventure Trail Race Series provides competition and fun adventures in the woods
- Games, relays, ultimate and soccer mixed in throughout the sessions.
- Rollerski/Rollerblade ski technique sessions
- Mountain biking ( Sunday afternoon sessions only).
Fall Program Session Options & Registration:
Fall Loppet TRAIL KIDS Program Registration Fee Includes:
- USSA Level 100/200 Certified Program Coaches
- Loppet TRAIL KIDS Team Shirt
- Adventure Running Series (early session)
- Loppet Games Event – Saturday, October 15, 9-1 (early session)
Detailed Fall Practice Activity Schedule
- Two Day Program Detailed Activity Schedule
- Sunday Program Schedule (for one day and three day participants)
- New to TRAIL KIDS? Click Here to “Test Drive” a Fall Session
Scholarships Available: Fee reductions are available for those in financial need. Please inquire with program director Kim Rudd at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Early Start Fall Program Locations:
- Hyland Park
- Coaching Staff: Craig Jarvinen, Paul Choudior, Pete Moran, Mike Engels
- Session Schedule: Tuesdays/Thursdays, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
- Wirth Beach – Tuesdays / Lyndale Farmstead – Thursdays from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Coaching Staff: Mary Mckelvey, Gretchen Mueller, Corey Mecl, Mary Mckelvy, Steve Yore, Dave Nelson and Michael Laraia
- Elm Creek Park – Tuesday/ Thursdays, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
Late Fall Program Locations:
- Wirth Beach Tuesdays / Lyndale Farmstead Thursdays from 5:00 – 6:30 p.m.
- Hyland Park Session Schedule: Tuesdays/Thursdays, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
For more information on the Loppet TRAIL KIDS coaching staff click here.