Fall TRAIL KIDS Programs
The Fall TRAIL KIDS Program offers fun outdoor active adventures for kids ages 7-14 years old. Coaches keep practice both challenging and fun for kids while also teaching important age developmental motor skills. Youth are split into ability/age/gender coaching groups ( U10, U12, U14).
Youth gain both fitness, strength and ski specific technique while also enjoying some adventures outdoors! Each session will be a mix of trail running/bounding, ultimate, orienteering, adventure races, rollerski/rollerblade ( working on skate ski technique along with some mountain bike sessions).
New this fall we will be offering a mountain bike program that meets Sunday afternoons at various parks in the Metro Area.
At practice, youth will be challenged with the following activities:
- Agility and strength exercises to develop age appropriate motor skills
- Ski specific balance and technique drills to help prepare for winter
- Ski bounding/trail running to build endurance and power
- Orienteering skills and competition events
- Adventure Trail Race Series provides competition and fun adventures in the woods
- Games, relays, ultimate and soccer mixed in throughout the sessions.
- Rollerski/Rollerblade ski technique sessions
- Mountain biking ( Sunday afternoon sessions and some weekly sessions at certain locations)
Fall Program Session Options & Registration:
Fall Loppet TRAIL KIDS Program Registration Fee Includes:
- USSA Level 100/200 Certified Program Coaches
- Loppet TRAIL KIDS Team Shirt
- Adventure Running Series (early session)
- Loppet Games Event – Saturday, October 28, 9-1
- Sunday afternoon mountain bike sessions ( included in two day TRAIL KIDS registration fee).
Detailed Fall Practice Activity Schedule
- Two Day Program Detailed Activity Schedule
- Sunday Program Schedule (for one day and three day participants)
- New to TRAIL KIDS? Click Here to “Test Drive” a Fall Session
Scholarships Available: Fee reductions are available for those in financial need. Please inquire with program director Kim Rudd at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Fall Program Locations:
- Hyland Park
- Coaching Staff: TBD
- Session Schedule: Tuesdays/Thursdays, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- Wirth Beach from 5:00 – 6:30 p.m.
- Coaching Staff: Mary Mckelvey, Gretchen Mueller, Corey Mecl, Mary Mckelvy, Steve Yore, Dave Nelson and Michael Laraia
- Elm Creek Park –
- Coaching Staff: TBD
- Session Schedule:Tuesday/ Thursdays, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
For more information on the Loppet TRAIL KIDS coaching staff click here.