7th Annual Loppet Games Event
Saturday, October 28, 2017
The event is open to athletes ages 7-14. Loppet Games is a great way to test drive what TRAIL KIDS Programs are all about! The Loppet Games will include six loppet game competitions and will conclude with the Age Gap Relay Race where parents/mentors can compete in a relay style obstacle course race with kids!
Wirth Beach (Wirth Beach Parking Lot) on Glenwood Ave, 200 meters East of Theodore Wirth Parkway.
- 8:45 – 9:15: Registration at Wirth Beach
- Parents/mentors can sign up for Age Gap Relay Race with their kids day of event
- 9:30 -9:45 – Split into age groups with LNR Junior leaders and do short Wirth Beach grounds clean up project
- 9:45 – 11:30: Loppet Games Events – Groups will rotate through different stations every 20 minutes.
- Adventure Race (done as two-person team)
- Obstacle Course
- Running Long Jump and Medicine Ball Throw
- SkiErg Double Pole Machine
- Orienteering Race (short and long course options)
- 11:45 – 12:00: Loppet Games Overall Age Group Awards Ceremony
- Top 3 in each age group (U10, U12 ,U14 and U16)
- 12:15 – 1:00: Loppet Age Gap Relay Adventure Relay
All athletes registered for either the TRAIL KIDS Fall session or Adventure running series have free registration fee but must still register online with discount code given by coach in the fall. All others can register online below for $15 by Oct. 1 or $20 through Oct. 26th. Same day registration is $20.
Loppet Games Age Gap Relay Race Schedule
- 12:00 – 12:30 p.m.: Age Gap Relay numbers handed out and course preview – ( parent or Mentor does relay race on obstacle course. Each person does 2 legs of obstacle course tagging off to partner between each lap). Each Age group will have different colored race bibs.
- 12:30: Mass start Age Gap relay with adults starting then youth, adult and ending with youth finishing race.
- 12:45 – 1:00: Snacks and Age Gap Relay Awards
Age Gap Relay Registration: This event requires separate registration apart from the Loppet Games event ( code will be provided for all those registered for fall TRAIL KIDS. Registration is $15 until Oct. 1 or $20 after per relay team. Online registration is available until Thursday, Oct. 26 or $20 day of event registration.
Adult Volunteers Needed!
The LNR Junior Competition Team will be helping lead the small age groups that will be rotating to the various events throughout the morning. We will also need adult volunteers to help with the following areas:
- Set up (7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.)
- Registration (8:45 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.)
- Loppet Games Event Stations (9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.)
- Snack table (9:00 a.m.)
- Loppet Games Age Gap Relay registration (11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.)
- Age Gap Relay Timing (12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
- Clean up (12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.)
To volunteer sign up below: