2017 Loppet TRAIL KIDS Fall Adventure Series
The TRAIL KIDS Fall Adventure Series consists of three adventure runs and the Trail Loppet Age Gap Relays. The Series is open to all kids 14 and under. Youth accumulate points by placing in their age brackets for all four adventure run races. Top three places in each age group ( U10, U12,U14, U16) will be awarded at the last race event with overall medals.
The adventure series culminates with the Loppet Games event, Saturday, October 28. The Adventure Race Series is included in all Loppet TRAIL KIDS Fall registration.
Adventure Run #1: Trailhead Single Track Race
- Date/Time: Thursday, September 14, 5:00 p.m. pre-registration/course preview warm-up and 5:30 p.m. race start.
- Race Location: Wirth Beach Parking lot bib pick-up and race start in open field near ski trailhead off of Glenwood Ave. just across from Wirth Beach Parking lot.
- Length of race: Each race is somewhere between 1-2 miles in length and is held on various ski trails and singletrack mountain bike trails.
Adventure Run #2: Trail Loppet Age Gap Relays
- Date/Time: Saturday, September 23, 9:20 a.m.
- Race Location: Across the street from Wirth Beach at the picnic pavilion area (Start/Finish Area).
- Must Register online: registration fee included for all TRAIL KIDS and Adventure Running Series participants but each child/adult team must register online at Trail Loppet Events page. Coupon code ( SeriesEntry ) will be provided for all registered TRAIL KIDS fall participants. Kids can also choose to race in the 5 km trail Loppet Race starting at 10:15 following the Age Gap Relays but must pay a minimal registration fee online. Please refer to the Trail Loppet website for more information on race time, location, parking, etc.
The Age Gap Relays are a two person relay event – one adult and one child per team. Registration is priced per team. Starting and finishing at the normal Trail Loppet start and finish areas, both participants complete two laps of a 1K course. Each team starts with the adults and finishes with the kids – so it goes adult lap 1, kid lap 1, adult lap 2, kid lap 2. The course includes rolling terrain with obstacles like hay bails to jump over along the way. The Age Gap Relays are chip timed. Participants must have their timing chip on to be timed. All Age Gap Relay participants receive commemorative running socks.
Adventure Run #3: Single Track Back 40 Race
- Date/Time: Thursday, September 28 5:00 p.m. registration at Wirth Main Chalet Parking lot and 5:30 p.m. race start in meadows area by Wirth single track trails.
- Location: Wirth Main Chalet parking lot bib pick up and race start at meadows Wirth Par Three single track.
Adventure Run #4: Single Track with Hay Bale jumps and stream crossing – 1.8 mile
- Date/Time: Thursday, October 5, 5:00 p.m. registration at Wirth Chalet Main Parking Lot and 5:30 p.m. race start just north east of Wirth chalet.
- Location: Bib pick up at Wirth Chalet Main Parking Lot and race start just northeast of Wirth Chalet on single track trails.
Loppet Games and Age Gap Relay
- Date/Time: Saturday, October 28, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Location: Wirth Beach
- All registered Fall TRAIL KIDS need to register online for Loppet Games Age Gap Relay and use following coupon code – SeriesEntry
Adventure Running Series Registration/Cost:
- Cost: $45. $55 after Sept. 1
- Includes four adventure race series and Loppet Games Event
- Race day registration is $15 (we highly encourage parents to preregister for entire series). Separate registration for Loppet Games of $15.
Registration: Kids enrolled in the Loppet Foundation’s TRAIL KIDS program are automatically entered in the Series as part of the Fall Program fee. All others must register separately.