TRAIL KIDS 2016 Ski Swap and Pre-Season Meeting
This article was posted on Monday, October 17, 2016
When: Monday, October 24 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Where: Wirth Park Main Chalet fireplace room
Who: For all current and new TRAIL KIDS participants and parents.
What: The TRAIL KIDS meeting will include:
- Information on the 2016-17 Winter TRAIL KIDS Program.
- Meet the 2016-17 TRAIL KIDS coaching staff.
- Wax clinic ( glide and kick wax demonstrations).
- TRAIL KIDS optional race suit and warm up fitting.
- Overview of 2016-17 Skiwerx and CXC Youth Cup race schedule.
- Tips for youth and parents for race day.
- Tips on dressing for the cold weather.
- Ski swap and ski equipment fitting tips- Bring your child’s equipment that they have outgrown and coaches will be there to fit kids for ski and pole sizing.
- 6:00 – 6:30 – Ski swap set up. Arrive early if you are bringing items to swap. Have items labeled with selling price and your name.
- 6:30 – 7:00 – Welcome , meet the coaches, Ski swap and TRAIL KIDS race suit/warm up fitting
- 7:00 – 7:15 – Kim Rudd, TRAIL KIDS Director
- Overview of TRAIL KIDS Nordic Program
- Overview of upcoming skiwerx and CXC Youth Cup race series schedule
- 7:15 – 7:30 – Clothing/Equipment
- Clothing tips – Coach Mary McKelvey
- Ski equipment needed and proper fitting – Coach Pete Moran
- 7:30 – 8:00 – Basic wax clinic – Coach Paul Choudoir