Team Loppet XC
Team Loppet XC is the cross country skiing wing of Team Loppet.
Team Loppet XC members train for and compete in Minnesota area cross country skiing events like the Peace Coffee Pre-Loppet, the City of Lakes Loppet, the Vasaloppet and Birkebeiner, and can compete as part of Team Loppet in the CXC Marathon Cup.
Team Loppet XC is open to all athletes who are interested in training for xc ski racing, and want to become part of the Loppet Foundation community.
- Train and Compete as a Team Loppet athlete!
- Team Loppet training sessions
- Discounts at ski shops and 10% discount on online registration for Loppet events.
- Be part of Team Loppet for the CXC Marathon Cup
- Access to all LNR training presentations
- Receive waxing updates and recommendations prior to major events
How to Get Rolling with Team Loppet:
- Test Drive a Team Loppet Training session- just come to a training session. you’ll need to sign a waiver if you are not enrolled in an LNR group
- Register for Team Loppet XC
- Purchase a LNR Race Uniform and Warm Ups- ordering info will be online soon.
- note that you must be a Loppet Foundation member !
- Compete in at least 4 regional events
- Represent the Loppet Foundation in the best possible light
- Volunteer at at least one Loppet Event and/or participate in a Loppet Age Gap Relay event with a child in a Loppet youth development program.
Team Loppet Training Sessions
All scheduled fall/winter sessions are listed under “Practice Schedule” on the lower left menu of the Team Loppet homepage. http://www.loppet.org/team-loppet/practice-schedule/
What to expect for Team Loppet Training Sessions: In general we would characterize all Team Loppet workouts as Intermediate to Advanced in nature. A Team Loppet “group leader” will meet the group will describe the suggested route. Note that the Group Leader is there for a workout as well- and cannot keep you from getting lost, tired or hungy :). Please bring waterbelt/camelback and training snacks. Also phone and money if its a long distance workout. Helmets are required, as are brightly colored clothing. Many of the workouts are on public roads so you need to be visible and aware of traffic.
We encourage all athletes to enroll in LNR Technique and Training sessions for technique coaching: http://www.loppet.org/lnr-adults/