Team Loppet Update – Early July
This article was posted on Thursday, July 9, 2015
Well, its been a while since our last update – there’s been lots of Team Loppet athletes racing the last few weekends at the Mt Borah Epic, Mt Kato, and at Elk River.
Congrats to first time racers of the Estenson family: five family members racing with a few of them on their first races at a tough Mt Kato course!
It was a big family affair, with lots of Loppet families racing: Skillicorns, Mungers, Bednarskis, Jacksons.
- 1st Place – Stas Bednarski, 12-14 Boys
- 1st Place – Kasia Bednarski, 12-14 Girls
- 3rd Place – Anni Skillicorn, 12-14 Girls
- 3rd Place – Ellie Munger, 12-14 Girls
- 1st Place – Lauren Munger, Under 12 Girls
- 1st Place – Kelly Skillicorn, 50-54 Women
- 19th Place – John Wessling, Overall
- 2nd Place – Cooper Camp, Kids Comp
- 1st Place – Henry Hall, Citizen Men
- 1st Place – Zoe Camp, Women
- 11th Place – Brad Bart, Citizen Men
- 8th Place – Beckie Alexander, Sport Women
- 1st Place – Cooper Camp, Overall Kids Comp
- 2nd Place – Henry Hall, Overall Citizen
- 1st Place – Zoe Camp, Overall Citizen (and 6th in the Men’s race!)
- 3rd Place – Stas Bednarski, Citizen Men 12-14 Years Old
- 4th Place – Ellie Munger, Citizen Women Overall
- 5th Place – Diana Munger, Citizen Women Overall
- 6th Place – Sudie Hall, Citizen Women Overall
- 7th Place – Lauren Munger, Citizen Overall
- 5th Place – Kim Rudd, Overall Expert Women
Team Scoring: 4th Team Overall!
The scoring from Mt Kato and from Elk River have not been added yet, but here’s the link to the scoring sheet: Scoring Spreadsheet. You can see Team Loppet is winning the Citizen category, and is in 4th in the overall “omnium cateory.”
We hope to see many of you at Cayuna – look for the Team Loppet Tent and flag!
Team Loppet Training Ride and Lunch – July 11th
On July 11th we will do an all ages training ride, followed by food. We’ll meet at the Wirth Par-3 Golf Parking lot (but we’ll ask everyone to either ride bikes there, or park at the Main Chalet lot). We’ll meet at 9am and ride to approximately 11:30am. From 11:30am to 12pm there will be lunch available in the Par 3 parking lot, followed by a presentation about the SOON to Be Built “Wirth Adventure Center” !!!
The Team Loppet ride will be one of a series of training events that will happen that morning, all finishing at the Wirth Par 3 lot at 11:30am, and celebrating the new Wirth Adventure Center.