2017 TRAIL KIDS Adventure Mountain Bike Series
The TRAIL KIDS Adventure Mountain bike races are designed specifically for kids 7-14 years. The race series offers a variety of races formats including single track, short track and relay events.
- Single track events are on single track trails that require some experience on a mountain bike.
- Short track events are criterium style races on grass and dirt trails – very little in the way of technical difficulty.
- Relay Events are generally on the short track trails with a few single track. We have also added an additional Age Gap Relay where kids can do a relay race with an adult/mentor that is at least 10 years older.
All Mountain Bike Adventure events meet at Wirth Beach on Glenwood Ave at 5:00 p.m for registration. Participants will bike together with coaches to warm up on the race course. Race start is at 5:45 p.m. If the regular MORC singletrack bike trails are closed we have a back up bike course in the Tornado Alley area under highway 55 bridge that combines some ski trails and single track trails by the railroad and bike path.
Adventure Mountain Bike Race Schedule:
Meets Wednesday and Tuesday evenings with registration/warm up at 5:00 and race start at 5:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 31, 2017:
Short Track/Single Track Race – Back 40 trails off of Luce Line
- Wednesday, June 14, 2017:
Glenwood Spur Trail Single Track individual race.
- Tuesday, June 27, 2017:
Glenwood Spur Sprint Relay (two person relay in age categories (U10, U12, U14)
- Tuesday, July 11, 2017:
Wirth Beach, Age Gap Relay, Tornado Alley or Glenwood Spur loop. The Age Gap relay must be done with an adult/mentor that is at least 10 years older in order to participate. Following this event will be Loppet TRAIL KIDS grill out at Wirth Beach.
- Thursday, August 3rd 6-7:30 p.m –
- Location: Elm Creek Park Mountain Bike Parking Lot
- Registration and warm up on course starts at 5:45 – 6:15 and race start at 6:30 p.m. Beginner and advanced distances will be options.
There will be prize drawings before each race for all participants along with medals for the top three finishers in each age category (U10, U12, U14) for each race event. The medals will be handed out after the final Age Gap Relay event with a grill out celebration at Wirth Beach.
USSA Age Class Category Link – This link helps parents and TRAIL KIDS determine what age class they are in for the 2016-17 season.
- $40 or $50 after May 25 for full series.
- $10 per race (race day only)
- Entire Race Series is included in the TRAIL KIDS Spring or Summer Registration.
- Individual races are included in Adventure Camp Registration.
- Separate online registration required for Age Gap Relay Race