2018 TRAIL KIDS Adventure Mountain Bike Series
The TRAIL KIDS Adventure Mountain bike races are designed specifically for kids 7-14 years. The race series offers a variety of race formats including single track, short track and relay events. Relay Events are generally on a shorter 1 mile single track loop. We have also added an additional Age Gap Relay event where kids can do a relay race with an adult/mentor that is at least 10 years older.
Where: All Mountain Bike Adventure events meet the Trailhead building. Races will be held on a variety of mountain bike trails at Wirth.
When: Registration starts at 5:30 p.m. Participants will bike together with coaches to warm up on the race course. Race start is at 6:00 p.m. for beginner race ( usually shorter) and 6:15 for advanced race with mass start format. If trails are closed due to wet conditions we will reschedule the race for another date.
Adventure Mountain Bike Race Schedule:
- Tuesday, May 22 – Individual Race
- Tuesday, June 5 – Individual Race
- Tuesday, June 19 – Youth Relay Race
- Tuesday, July 17 -Individual Race
- Tuesday, July 31 – Age Gap Relay ( adult/youth relay)
There will be prize drawings before each race for all participants along with medals for the top three finishers in each age category (U10, U12, U14) for each race event. The medals will be handed out after the final Age Gap Relay event with a grill out celebration at Trailhead Center.
USSA Age Classification: Age class is based on their birth date and they will be placed in either U8, U10 or U14 race categories.
Cost for bike race series:
- $50 or $60 after May 1 for full series.
- $10 per race (race day only)
- Entire Race Series is included in the TRAIL KIDS Summer Mountain Bike Program.